Big clownfish and small anemone

valley

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 10, 2024
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I juts bought a pair of clownfish yesterday from my LFS. They’re doing fine and ate a bit on day 1. I have a bta in this tank and I’ve had it for a little more than a month. It’s not being hosted yet but I just found out that if clownfish are too big for the anemone they can actually kill it. The clownfish are about 3 inches and the anemone is only about 2 inches. What should I do? Should I just try to speed up the anemones growth? If so, how? I haven’t been feeding it.
 
Hello, I juts bought a pair of clownfish yesterday from my LFS. They’re doing fine and ate a bit on day 1. I have a bta in this tank and I’ve had it for a little more than a month. It’s not being hosted yet but I just found out that if clownfish are too big for the anemone they can actually kill it. The clownfish are about 3 inches and the anemone is only about 2 inches. What should I do? Should I just try to speed up the anemones growth? If so, how? I haven’t been feeding it.
It could be years until the anemone actually hosts the clowns, if ever. I would just focus on normal care. If you do feed the nem (I dont ever direct feed mine) make sure it's small pieces like mysis, once per week.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 10.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new