OP
Billldg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Knowing myself, I couldn't stand still. I ran the supply line and return line for the AWC. I didn't fasten the waste line all the way, just zip tied it to a line that was there for roughly 15ft. I will fasten the line all the way over the weekend as it will mean I have to add supports for the line to fasten to.

HA HA, again, I couldn't stand still and fastened the line. I just have about 15ft left to fasten.

I ended up fastening roughly 50-60ft of waste line.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T-minus 24 hours.

Its not like I am counting, :rolleyes: :) ;Hilarious

Until I can start to leak check the tank overflow again.;Nailbiting;Doctor

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added enough water to get the lower 1/4 of the bulkhead wet, which is where the leaks were happening from. I can't get it much higher without the water going down the drains. Now its a waiting game.

Christmas Eve Waiting GIF

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
K, Guys and Gals, I just added another 10+ gals of saltwater and turned on the right return pump. Now it it truly a waiting game. If no leaks are detected by Sunday, I will turn on the left return pump and deal with those leaks as they come.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how much yet, but I am quickly seeing that this tank will use A LOT more RO/DI water from the ATO. If the cables show up tomorrow, as listed, then I will hook up the ATO to my Apex. I needed a 15 ft aquabus cable as a 6ft cable will not work. I ordered 2 in case I need another one. I still need to figure out what to do about the water level in the return pump sump area. I can't let the water level drop below the top of the union on the pump, otherwise I get microbubbles in the tank from the water dropping down into the sump area and the right return pump inlet being at that same spot. When I get my ATO running it will help, but would like to figure out another way in case. Thinking of installing some sort of baffling material or something.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I couldn't mount the lights due do a few bolts, UGH, I turned on the 2nd return pump. Brand new pump and the flow meter only shows 575 gph. I am guessing that somehow the left pump copied the right pump IQ adjustment and is not pushing the amount I would expect from a brand new Neptune COR 20 2000GPH return pump. I will do factory resets on both to see it that is the case. If not then I will NEVER BUY Neptune COR pumps again. Lets see though...after the factory reset. I will give Neptune a chance...as I do like the COR pumps and never had an issue.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently planning out my second control panel. The one that is in the tank of the left side. I will add a 3rd Apex Eb832, a Apex Fmm module, , Apex DOS, and 2 Ecotech Versa pumps. Honestly, I would go with all Ecotech Versa pumps, if it wasn’t for my Neptune Trident and auto dosing. So far I feel they are better built, and far more quieter at a higher speed than the DOS. This is me planning the spacing and such.

B3AA7032-20AC-41BD-9DBD-4BB861E22B3B.jpeg

OHH, and the red tubing is for the AWC. It’s the waste line. One Ecotech Versa is for part C dosing, the other is the 2nd part of my AWC. After installing one in my basement and having it push water up a floor and over, roughly 40-50ft, I am a believer. I am now confident that it will have no issues doing the same for my AWC. The one Ecotech Versa I have installed now is just pumping RO/DI water upstairs. I will install 2 more. The first will be on my saltwater storage tank, and the other in the control panel. One will push the water up to the DT, while the other will remove waste water.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OHHH!!! I forgot to mention the @AquaticLifeProducts 61"DX18 non-dimmable fixture. I tested it yesterday, hoping against hope that it was a 2 stage fixture, and guess what, it is a true 2 stage T5 fixture. I could have easily made it a 2 stage fixture, BUT, the fact that I didn't have to is a plus. I plugged in the sockets to see which lights would come on and as I was hoping, the outside lights came on, and then the inside. This is a bonus is so many ways. I can stage on the T5 lights now, along with the progression of the LED's. ;Happy :);Happy

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I couldn't mount the lights due do a few bolts, UGH, I turned on the 2nd return pump. Brand new pump and the flow meter only shows 575 gph. I am guessing that somehow the left pump copied the right pump IQ adjustment and is not pushing the amount I would expect from a brand new Neptune COR 20 2000GPH return pump. I will do factory resets on both to see it that is the case. If not then I will NEVER BUY Neptune COR pumps again. Lets see though...after the factory reset. I will give Neptune a chance...as I do like the COR pumps and never had an issue.
I have actually become a fan of the COR20 pumps. I think Neptune software is quite good but am generally a hardware skeptic. But the COR20 is the exception to that. Runs cool, dead silent, and the auto shutoff works very well and attempts restarts at a reasonable interval.

My first unit ran a year before needing a clean. The % temperature was my clue that it was time. 55% after install and break in. Once it started hitting 65% I figured it was time. Poor thing was filthy. Back to 55%.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And let their be light

DAA42D58-2246-4043-8F20-EC48E0738FEC.jpeg

I installed the hybrid fixture today, I will install the LED’s in a little bit. I will fine tune the height, but it is level. I also started working on the elec panel on the left side. I installed the EB832, the MP40, the DOS, and the ATK. I would have my ATO actually working, but I keep running into issues with the Apex task manager. Until it gets resolved, my ATO will not work, UGH!!!

9A310F03-72FB-48A0-889D-75048942C72E.jpeg

I will install cable raceways in a little bit to hide the cables.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to @SuncrestReef, I was able to figure out the problem and get my ATO working.

So, I may be able to install my Ecotech Radion XR15 G5 Blues tomorrow, after I mow the lawn that is, LOL!!!

Last edited:

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And let their be even more light, LOL!!! I just added 4 Ecotech Radion XR15 G5 Blues.

EB50F51E-B01C-4572-B650-1D3E69F8768E.jpeg
Are you going to measure PAR? I have 5 Xr15 g4 pros on the same fixture. I am getting outstanding growth and good color running them T 95% AB +. I often wonder if I could get even better color from my Tenuis with more light. I think I am getting 350-400 PAR about 6 inches below surface measured with Seneye.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you going to measure PAR? I have 5 Xr15 g4 pros on the same fixture. I am getting outstanding growth and good color running them T 95% AB +. I often wonder if I could get even better color from my Tenuis with more light. I think I am getting 350-400 PAR about 6 inches below surface measured with Seneye.
I will actually add a 5th XR15 G5 Blue. I haven’t started measuring par yet to see what I have. I mainly just wanted to get some light on the tank, LOL!!! I will measure par, and I will probably have Dana Riddle over at my house to confirm it.

I have an Apogee 210, I know Dana has a Apogee 510 and others that are even better.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to be impatient, like none of us are, LOL, but I just built the platform and installed my Apex Trident. I am currently going thru the motions of setting it up, AGAIN, right now. I am currently priming everything.

E8083D71-0F85-4A9B-8D94-B2763B43EBB6.jpeg

It FELLS GOOD to kinda be back to the normal salt water aquarist hobbyist.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.3%
Back