Operator Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UGH!!! I switched salt mixes to simply try and NOT be attached to BRS. I used HW Marine Reefer mix with no issue, but, I switched and bought 5 boxes of TP Pro Reef. The issue TP is having is causing me to rethink and second guess myself. I am not sure what to do in this case. I always loved HW Marine, and, I know TP will eventually get it together, but, I am not one to take a chance on my tank.

TP should have NEVER opened another manufacturing company outside of GERMANY!!!

@Lou Ekus, I switched to TP from HW Marine as I felt is was the best most comparison. I have yet to add any TP Pro salt to my tank as I still have half a bucket left of the HW Marine Reefer. I have no doubt TP will get this corrected, but, some damage control needs to be done. I truly hope @Lou Ekus see's this and understands this is outside of a bigger thread, its just my build thread and smaller. TP needs to gain the confidence of reefers again, including myself. I still want to get away from BRS, MEANING not attached, because of a particular item. I can not do so now though. I will likely buy a few more boxes of HW Marine Reefer mix.
You could always check to see where the salt was manufactured. It seems that only the salt from Turkey was contaminated. If you have bad salt, return it to BRS and go a different route. TM has been around a long time... it should not have taken 6 months for them to acknowledge this QC issue. People have reportedly lost millions of dollars, cumulatively. I know of 2 aquaculture facilities that lost a combined $100K in coral because of TMP from Turkey. TM has lost my trust for awhile. It's a shame because I've always loved Lou.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could always check to see where the salt was manufactured. It seems that only the salt from Turkey was contaminated. If you have bad salt, return it to BRS and go a different route. TM has been around a long time... it should not have taken 6 months for them to acknowledge this QC issue. People have reportedly lost millions of dollars, cumulatively. I know of 2 aquaculture facilities that lost a combined $100K in coral because of TMP from Turkey. TM has lost my trust for awhile. It's a shame because I've always loved Lou.
See, that's the thing, I was switching so I would not be tied down to BRS. I had absolutely no issue with HW Marine, its simply that BRS is the only vendor to carry it. Trust me, If I can find a way to import the HW Marine and it cost me the same as buying it from BRS, then I will become a Vendor.

Speaking of @Bulk Reef Supply, were is my shipment. Before the buyout, if you ordered on Sat or Sun, it was out Monday. Now, with my last 4 shipments, and this one being the worse, I am lucky it it ships out by Wed. This last shipment, I ordered on Jan 30, just went out today, Feb 4.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received an order today. Among a few pieces that I need to finish my return plumbing, I received several pouches of pellet food to feed my fish when I am on vaca, or simply late coming home from work. When I saw the package I had to laugh out loud.

I wonder if my fish will be drunk and swimming into the wall...LOL!!! ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

20220205_145642.jpg

Notice the Saki part.;Hilarious;Happy;Jawdrop

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received an order today. Among a few pieces that I need to finish my return plumbing, I received several pouches of pellet food to feed my fish when I am on vaca, or simply late coming home from work. When I saw the package I had to laugh out loud.

I wonder if my fish will be drunk and swimming into the wall...LOL!!! ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

20220205_145642.jpg

I think you need to taste it to make sure it’s reef safe….!

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the most part, the header is finished. I need to get it finished so I can run carbon. I think all the gluing and cleaner used when I replaced the return effected the tank and I may loose a few sps frags as a result. I am not sure, but getting my carbon running will help.

20220206_103138.jpg

Operator Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20220205_145642.jpg

Let me know what you think of this! I started reading up on good pellets for tangs and anthias in two separate feeders. This stuff looked promising.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running the Carbon reactor for a day now. As soon as I turned it on I was even more impressed with the Abyzz. I truly wish their was a direct way I could tag Coralvue and Abyzz, but I do not know of any, because when I turned on the Carbon reactor, I only saw a 20 GPH avg drop. This is on a system that is only running 1 pump. If you remember I was running 2 Neptune Cor 20's at 100 percent. When I turned on the Carbon reactor on the left return it dropped it to 440 gph. I only was able to get 600 gph on the right, and it steadily dropped over a few months to 540. 2 Neptune Cor 20's equals 4000 gph, while the Abyzz A200 is only 3750 gph under normal circumstances, and YET, I am running the Abyzz a very small touch more that half of both Cor 20's at 100 percent. This is not a true comparison as I also upsized my plumbing from 1" to 1 1/4", BUT, I also had to restrict a foot sooner as the GHL flow sensors are only 3/4" while the Apex flow sensors are 1". SO YOU SEE, Apex can not talk themselves out of this one, THE ABYZZ is that much better.

Screenshot (432).png

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just called them to confirm a particular item that no longer shows any points towards their SO CALLED REWARD POINT system. It starts with some, and WILL SOON, move to other items that we purchase often. They said YEA, it no longer applies, and gave me a speech, SORRY, I am not stupid @Bulk Reef Supply.

Last edited:

brahm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See, that's the thing, I was switching so I would not be tied down to BRS. I had absolutely no issue with HW Marine, its simply that BRS is the only vendor to carry it. Trust me, If I can find a way to import the HW Marine and it cost me the same as buying it from BRS, then I will become a Vendor.

Speaking of @Bulk Reef Supply, were is my shipment. Before the buyout, if you ordered on Sat or Sun, it was out Monday. Now, with my last 4 shipments, and this one being the worse, I am lucky it it ships out by Wed. This last shipment, I ordered on Jan 30, just went out today, Feb 4.
I used to run HW as well for years. At the time you could get it from Dr fosters and smith. At some point I switched to IO and saw no difference and at the lower price points could do more water changes for the same cost; At the time my system was 1k gallons.

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just called them to confirm a particular item that no longer shows any points towards their SO CALLED REWARD POINT system. It starts with some, and WILL SOON, move to other items that we purchase often. They said YEA, it no longer applies, and gave me a speech, SORRY, I am not stupid @Bulk Reef Supply.
The changes will come. It's inevitable. There is no incentive for the investors to offer points on anything so that will eventually be on very limited items. I was actually surprised though that even some of their branded items no longer offer points.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can truly say I have never been a fan of @Terence when he was part of Neptune. Now, I truly have a slight difference. You need to look at this Live Stream. I actually watched all of it, and it was great to see.

Click the watch on YouTube.

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can truly say I have never been a fan of @Terence when he was part of Neptune. Now, I truly have a slight difference. You need to look at this Live Stream. I actually watched all of it, and it was great to see.

I just watched it and subscribed to the utube channel. I agree with you 100% as far as Terrence goes!

Operator Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I agree wholeheartedly. This was a different side of @Terance that I enjoyed. I think that, as a businessman, he probably shouldn't be a spokesperson, but he killed it on going after this initiative. I hope to see more of this side of him and less of Neptune Terance.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loved the photo dump. Your wasting A lot of money growing all that Coraline
I should be getting several SPS from Fraghouse Corals this upcoming Friday.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was a little concerned. I ran out of Bayer the last time I dipped corals. I started to look around for it, and almost no Lowes had it. Its almost like they simply did away with it. Luckily I was able to find 1 Lowes that still carried it. I bought 2 bottles of it.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 81 48.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back