OP
Billldg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I hate to say this, and maybe its my male ego, but Maybe @SPR1968 was right about the Abyzz A200. ;Hilarious :D:p

That pump is a straight up a beast. I would hate to see what it would look like if I went with a A400, talk about overkill.;):eek::oops:;Jawdrop;Hilarious;Hilarious

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The header that I will use for the Carbon reactor and down the road, Algae Scrubber.

49AC40CD-3F0E-4EDA-98E0-19B84658C2EE.jpeg
2BDDBDE0-A18E-42F4-8628-D00A8011380A.jpeg

The hand valves are not glued in yet, thus, the difference .

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those that are asking why I do not have more SPS corals in my tank, WELL, @FraghouseCorals is going to have a sale on the 6th of Feb. I plan on adding a ton of SPS frags to my tank. ;) ;Jawdrop:p:D:cool:

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I hate to say this, and maybe its my male ego, but Maybe @SPR1968 was right about the Abyzz A200. ;Hilarious :D:p

That pump is a straight up a beast. I would hate to see what it would look like if I went with a A400, talk about overkill.;):eek::oops:;Jawdrop;Hilarious;Hilarious
Of course I was right, don’t you know I’m always right, my wife says it to me all the time so it must be true! Lol

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People have been complaining, HEY Bill, you need more corals in the tank, LOL!!! WELL, NEXT weekend is @FraghouseCorals Live sale, and, I plan adding at least 8-10 more SPS corals, and maybe a bunch more. ;) ;Jawdrop :eek: :cool:

I know the tank can grow SPS corals and get some great color, I just need to figure out a few sections that browned out 2 frags.:(

The BC Space Laser I got from Brandon during his last live sale, YES, they one I accidently dropped and fragged into 2 pieces not only recovered, it has since covered the 2 frag plugs and has great PE. I buy from those that I know will send healthy frags.;)

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course I was right, don’t you know I’m always right, my wife says it to me all the time so it must be true! Lol
Their may some other reasons.;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More than not ,"we " are complaining not enough pics of said coral ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ...:D
IMG_4176.JPG
NOT FAIR, I don't have anything like that yet.

BUT, I WILL!!! ;) :p ;Happy

If I have the time, I will take a photo of my Buzz Lightyear and both Space Lasers and post the pictures if the photos live up to my expectations. :p

Both are encrusting though. ;Happy

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You started with dry rock? Man that tank grew coraline fast for dry rock.
Can’t wait to see your haul of frags!
I started out with 90 percent dry rock, and 10 percent actual live rock in my current 225 gal tank. I added the Trochus snails from my previous tank that had the ARC Reef coraline algae on it. The strains of coraline from the Trochus snails quickly took over and started to grow, BUT, I soon realized a strain that showed signs of capping in my build thread. The capping forms of the coraline algae had to come from the live rock as I had the ARC coraline in a bottle algae in my 120 gal tank a few years before adding it to my current 225 gal tank and the capping.
Octo top 2.jpg

Lets all not forget that all of this started with actual live rock from KP Aquatics. ;)

Octo top 1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UGH!!! I switched salt mixes to simply try and NOT be attached to BRS. I used HW Marine Reefer mix with no issue, but, I switched and bought 5 boxes of TP Pro Reef. The issue TP is having is causing me to rethink and second guess myself. I am not sure what to do in this case. I always loved HW Marine, and, I know TP will eventually get it together, but, I am not one to take a chance on my tank.

TP should have NEVER opened another manufacturing company outside of GERMANY!!!

@Lou Ekus, I switched to TP from HW Marine as I felt is was the best most comparison. I have yet to add any TP Pro salt to my tank as I still have half a bucket left of the HW Marine Reefer. I have no doubt TP will get this corrected, but, some damage control needs to be done. I truly hope @Lou Ekus see's this and understands this is outside of a bigger thread, its just my build thread and smaller. TP needs to gain the confidence of reefers again, including myself. I still want to get away from BRS, MEANING not attached, because of a particular item. I can not do so now though. I will likely buy a few more boxes of HW Marine Reefer mix.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I need to start to get together a Cal Reactor setup. I am dosing 50ml of 2-part, Soda Ash and Cal, and still having a hard time keeping parameters stable. It is simply the amount of coraline algae soaking it up. Can you imagine what the dosage would be when the SPS actually grow up. ;Jawdrop :eek: ;Jawdrop

Just sent a not so nice message to BRS as they are NOT currently adding points for a regulator.

Last edited:

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
;Facepalmediting is just not right...;Hilarious;Hilarious
look close...2&3 also...:D

frankieg2293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I learned their is a difference between a tank that will support corals, and a mature tank. Anyone that has been in this hobby long enough will fully understand and agree with me on this. When a tank actually hits maturity, the coral frags do so so much better. When you drop a frag in a mature tank, within a few weeks it is already growing and has already colored up.
How do you know the tank is matured?

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you know the tank is matured?
Just a feeling and loosing corals over a time. You eventually see the difference.

Seeing the build up of coraline algae is a start though.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%

Back