Bioata Mandarin

leo12345

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say go for it. I got my pair directly from Biota in Dec right after my tank cycle. They're doing great and almost double in size now. They are the only fish in my 14 AIO nano reef but I'll be adding my yasha goby soon after he finish QT. I'll get a pistol shrimp later and maybe a firefish or orange storm clownfish too. Mine ate TDO B2 pellets the next morning after I got them and I trained them to eat out of a seashell now. They come very tiny so you might want to put them in a breeder box if you have other fish in your tank and if you have a large system. I seed my tank with EcoPods from AlgaeBarn for biodiversity but I mostly feed them pellets. it's better if you feed them a variety of diet including frozen and live pods but not necessary to have live food in my experience with the Biota one.
Are they still doing well?

Tchung23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes but the smaller female got aggressive toward the male and almost take his eye out. he's eye is still healing and I isolated her using a tank divider.
I had bought a pair when they were tiny and as they grew they fought more and more until the female died

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back