Biocube 29 retrofit

  • Thread starter Thread starter legacy2mj
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

legacy2mj

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 28, 2014
Messages
406
Reaction score
135
Location
Lone Tree, Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering buying a retrofit let kit from either Steves or Rapid LED... but am concerned with the installation of the unit. It looks rather complicated, and when selecting the unit and the specifics, im not exactly sure what some of the options mean.
For example
selecting the Driver Type... I have no clue what the difference between the D, P, or LDD-HW is.
OR
selecting the Dimming accessories. (these sound self explanatory) but how necessary is spending more money then what comes standard?

So my question is, does anybody have one of these retrofits? Do you like it? was it hard to install? what do I need to know prior to purchase? color combinations? any other useful information would be greatly appreciated
 
The D is a meanwell analog dimming the P is 10v PWM Dimming.

I prefer the LDD drivers as they are 5v PWM Dimming and with the storm Controller and Coralux driver board make a very nice package.

I would also go solderless. I prefer the BJB solderless connectors with a Drilled and tapped heatsink. This allows you to swap out a LED at any time.

One other nice thing about the LDD Driver is they are inexpensive and can be used to drive only two LEDs so you mix and match different colour LEDs for the perfect look.

Bill
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new