OP
OP
GunnarH

GunnarH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Yeah, those are two Kessil A360x Tuna Blues. A lot of light for such a small tank. The current plan is to move those to my new tank, and put the original BioCube lid back on this tank. Or, I might replace them with a single AI Prime 16 HD. I haven't quite decided yet.

The white box attached to the left side of the tank is a Wyze Cam OG with a window mount.

OP
OP
GunnarH

GunnarH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
kevgib67 said:
> Wow , looks great, I’m having the same problems. Only so much real estate in a 32g Biocube.

Thanks, and your tank looks amazing as well! I love that Birdsnest, it's massive.

(Sorry about the funky quoting, but the forum wouldn't let me use the quote mechanism. It just turned up blank.)

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kevgib67 said:
> Wow , looks great, I’m having the same problems. Only so much real estate in a 32g Biocube.

Thanks, and your tank looks amazing as well! I love that Birdsnest, it's massive.

(Sorry about the funky quoting, but the forum wouldn't let me use the quote mechanism. It just turned up blank.)
Thank you for the kind words! I have fragged that birds nest dozens of times. Last week gave a bunch to a reefer from Cleveland and a gentleman from PA. Still need to get rid of some more, I’m getting a funny look from the owner of my Lfs when I walk in with a bag in my hand. I have fragged my torches, frogspawn, monti cap, gsp just to free up real estate. I guess I’ll just have to continue until I hit the purchase button on the 110 gallon waterbox! I’m going to look forward to your upgrade, maybe it will give me motivation.

lubeck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow welcome back, the tank has really matured over the last year.

what size are you thinking on the upgrade?

OP
OP
GunnarH

GunnarH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow welcome back, the tank has really matured over the last year.

what size are you thinking on the upgrade?

Thanks! Love your tank too, you’re doing great with those sticks. Very impressive! Are you still using the stock lights?

I’ve already purchased the new tank, it’s sitting in the garage. I’ll post details in my next post.

OP
OP
GunnarH

GunnarH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I decided to move the IM Nuvo EXT 100 build into its own Build Thread. All future posts about the new tank will be posted there.

I'll keep this thread for future updates to the BioCube 32. Once the 100 gal is up and running, what should I do with the BioCube?
  • Should I keep it as-is (mixed reef)?
  • Should I convert it into a Seahorse and Mandarin/Dragonet tank?
  • Should I convert it to freshwater and keep Cichlids?
  • Should I get rid of it? Keep life simple with just one tank to worry about?
I'm leaning towards the Seahorse and Mandarin combo. Captive bred and eating frozen food, of course. Can you even get captive bred ruby red dragonets? Will they survive on frozen food? So many questions.

Last edited:

lubeck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Love your tank too, you’re doing great with those sticks. Very impressive! Are you still using the stock lights?

I’ve already purchased the new tank, it’s sitting in the garage. I’ll post details in my next post.
Thanks. Looking forward to following your new build.

i got rid of the stock lighting within 2 months of starting my build. Went with a g5 xr30 blue.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back