Biocube question?

choward1980

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2014
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
Location
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a biocibe 29 with stock lighting. There are 4 switches on top. I'm assuming it is for adding more lights. What kind of lights can I add to this stock hood. Right now I have white, blue, and moonlight led. It looks like it will take 4 more LEDs but I'm not sure.
 
That is what I was thinking, but which lights will work. And do I just need the bulbs or is there a kit i can get. Will adding more light do anything to help?
 
one switch for daylight another for Actinic another for Moonlight and another for accent lights.

BioCube | Coralife Marine & Freshwater Aquarium Supplies

IMO I dont think its even worth it. You cant independently control the accent light. You can only turn it on when the moonlights are on. I can take a pic of mine if you would like.
 
Here you go.

IMG_2778[1].jpg

The LED on the lower left is the white accent light.
IMG_2780[1].jpg

It looks blue in the pic but its white.
IMG_2781[1].jpg

With it on^
IMG_2782[1].jpg

With it off^

If you ask me, its too much light to keep on all night and too much of a hassle to turn on and off. It should have been designed with an extra cable and not in series with the moon lights. Hope this helps.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new