Biota Yellow Tangs - How often?

wazupjames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Biota Yellow tangs were in stock a few days ago on their website. I went to order one and was too late, has anyone noticed how often they come back in stock?

OP
OP
wazupjames

wazupjames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time i have seen them out of stock in a long time.

Mad Paul Rudd GIF

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All this excitement about a fish... that cost $40 before the pandemic.
It was only $40 because it easy to import at the time. It’s still one of the most iconic reef fish and at todays price it’s still worth it . IMO. For the biota one anyways.

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, yeah…
I guess we’ll never understand why.
Lots of new hobbiest joined in during the pandemic. I came in right before it but I had a small tank at the time and my yellow tank sadly passed away and then bam it got banned. I came in the hobby at a bad time , cost wise.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was only $40 because it easy to import at the time. It’s still one of the most iconic reef fish and at todays price it’s still worth it . IMO. For the biota one anyways.
I get that part but there are many other solid yellow fish with similar body shapes, Forcipiger is a good place to start. Also I’ve seen some older CB yellows and they have a white face.

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forcipiger some aren’t reef safe and it’s hard for some people to get it to eat. Beautiful fish most likely many won’t have them for those cases

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forcipiger some aren’t reef safe and it’s hard for some people to get it to eat. Beautiful fish most likely many won’t have them for those cases
fair, but you also have yellow coris wrasses, blennies, boxfish, rabbitfish, angelfish ect...
Why do people want this one expensive fish? I guess I'm also asking this due to how I have never seen much in Zebrasoma and prefer Acanthurus and Ctenochaetus.

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something is up with Biota. I ordered three fish at the end of March. Then received an email telling me that shipping would be delayed due to a “bio hazard”. Then a few days later I was refunded for two fish because they were “out of stock”. Then I was told that my third fish was shipping next day. No shipping notice, and was then told it was a mistake, and they were checking on it with the shipping dept. That was three days ago, no update since. Been two weeks, ordered three fish, and so far … nothing.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something is up with Biota. I ordered three fish at the end of March. Then received an email telling me that shipping would be delayed due to a “bio hazard”. Then a few days later I was refunded for two fish because they were “out of stock”. Then I was told that my third fish was shipping next day. No shipping notice, and was then told it was a mistake, and they were checking on it with the shipping dept. That was three days ago, no update since. Been two weeks, ordered three fish, and so far … nothing.
thats strange... hopefully they eventually get the fish to you...

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fair, but you also have yellow coris wrasses, blennies, boxfish, rabbitfish, angelfish ect...
Why do people want this one expensive fish? I guess I'm also asking this due to how I have never seen much in Zebrasoma and prefer Acanthurus and Ctenochaetus.
Who says that they don’t? I have a few of the fishes you’ve listed. Yellow tang , blue tang , and clown fishes are the must have in reef tanks. Of course depending on size of your tank. I see what you’re saying though. The fishes I listed are boring to you now. I’m a new hobbyist

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope not , I’m too impatient for this hobby

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who says that they don’t? I have a few of the fishes you’ve listed. Yellow tang , blue tang , and clown fishes are the must have in reef tanks. Of course depending on size of your tank. I see what you’re saying though. The fishes I listed are boring to you now. I’m a new hobbyist
yeah, I still love a good clownfish though!
I think if the price ever drops for YTs, I may grab one but that'll be a while away. I love a good rare fish but I can understand why some more "common" fish are great, I have 4 gobies and only 1 of them is rare. All of them show some form of personality, I guess after bad experience with a scopas I just dont like zebrasoma too much.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope not , I’m too impatient for this hobby
haha, don't worry i've been there too. you'll eventually gain the skill of being patient. with patients, comes good is what I have learnt over the years of being in this hobby. It took me 4 years before I felt ready to take on a clam and now I have finally gotten one (Tridacna deresa). so always try being patient as it can get you far in this hobby.

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 5 yellow tangs from them a year ago. They didn't ship on time multiple times and time between emails was so long there was a time I thought it was a scam. 3 are left and are full size very yellow with no hole in head. They show up insanely tiny, take awhile to yellow up, and some have hole in head.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back