birdnest coral bleaching

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vince7177
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Vince7177

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 30, 2019
Messages
26
Reaction score
33
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys ,
I have a biocube 32 .
My birdnest starting bleaching . I’m not sure if it’s the position in the tank . Can it be too much light?
Thank you for your help.
37dddb8cf2f6c04128aa1945d1e78c94.jpg
df0fc59df3e47b27a47b7f81b2926feb.jpg
 
How long has it been in that spot? Did you recently move it? Or get a new light? Any change to the light program?
 
Bump to both of those I thought I killed mine it bleached so bad from too much light...fragged it to the bottom of tank and it looks healthy again.
 
Thank you guys , I will try in medium level . I only have it for two weeks
 
How long has it been in that spot? Did you recently move it? Or get a new light? Any change to the light program?

I just bought it. Two weeks ago
 
What type of birdsnest are you talking about? If it’s bird of paradise , or pink then it’s probably not to much light. Those two love high light . Is there good flow or water parameters is where I’d look .
 
Thank you for your answers .
Pink I believe.
Just moved it .
I take a frag so I will try diff levels.
Thank you guys
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new