Birdsnest broken- did I kill it?

ceruleanspiral

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2019
Messages
842
Reaction score
884
Location
Tampa Bay
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was moving some rocks around and bumped my birdsnest, breaking a piece off. Did I kill it? Do I need to complete the severing? Should I leave it be? I was trying to get rid of GHA, I've been using a toothbrush daily until I buy a reactor and new wavemaker. I have never had one of these before and I feel terrible now. I posted a pic of it now and one from before.

IMG_8735.jpg


IMG_8647.jpg
 
No - you just fragged it. Plant it or glue it elsewhere for another future colony
 
Last edited:
No - you just gragged it. Plant it or glue it elsewhere for another future colony
Like the others have already said, either leave it or glue the broken piece to a plug, disk, or rock for a future colony. Happy reefing
 
Thank you! I was so nervous. I felt bad. So hard to get in/around my tank being so short.
 
I was moving some rocks around and bumped my birdsnest, breaking a piece off. Did I kill it? Do I need to complete the severing? Should I leave it be? I was trying to get rid of GHA, I've been using a toothbrush daily until I buy a reactor and new wavemaker. I have never had one of these before and I feel terrible now. I posted a pic of it now and one from before.

IMG_8735.jpg


IMG_8647.jpg

Breaking off branches (involuntarily frags) of my birds nest made it grow like crazy almost weed like proportions
 
I feel your pain. I broke mine 4 times in the first week I had it. I glued a couple of the largest pieces back to the original frag plug, and used the smaller ones to start a new frag. Then I moved it somewhere where I was less likely to bump into it.

Both seem to be doing okay.
0826d48655f7f651ee4ec10779d24737.jpg

e00fa78ebf8168e32547379d37143e5e.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new