Blast dropping heads

  • Thread starter Thread starter exnisstech
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2019
Messages
20,773
Reaction score
33,783
Location
Ashland Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't edit the title to blasto grrrrrrr. Just wondering if this is normal. I have this blasto welsi colony that I have being growing for a little over 3 years. Over the last week it has dropped some heads. The first time it was a single head the last time 3 heads together. What I find strange, at least from my experience with corals dropping heads, is that the dropped heads have hard skeleton attached to them and I am able to glue them onto plugs and they look fine. It did this a couple of years ago, which is the other plugs glued to the rock. At the time I thought it was stress from other corals but now it is not near anything else. Just curious if this is normal behavior.
The colony
20220901_194828.jpg
This is where it looks like the heads are dropping from 20220901_195252.jpg
 
Last edited:
I wouldn’t be too concerned as long as the heads are doing fine and growing . Mine are mounted 4 inches from the sand to the rock and every once in a while one hits the base of the rock but mostly spreads out from the mother . Actually if you frag them it’s kind of helping you out in a way .
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new