Blenny behavior

jimfish98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of bi-color blenny in my WB 130.4 both as relatively new inhabitants. One seems to be getting overly territorial. The tank is large enough they could rarely interact but one has gone nuts. The dominate one has retained colors, the bullied one has turned all blue. The bully watches the other almost constantly and forces it to hang out in the corner of the tank vertical in the mid to upper range of the water column. If it moves from that area, the dominant one will swim over and go after it until it goes back to that one spot. It will not accept any other spot and will swim from the other side of the tank to enforce its rules on the one. The only exception is when the lights are out and during feeding.

Is this weird mating/pairing issues? Is the one just a big ******? I did SW back in the day and never had issues with a pair in a tank before.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1605800326954.png

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had 2 combtooth blennies in a much smaller tank but 1 was a bully and the other cowered. I should have removed the less dominant one because eventually it disappeared.

OP
OP
J

jimfish98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe pairing is the final answer....no more constant battles for dominance and ownership of areas in the tank. They do their own thing now and can be within inches of each other without a care in the world.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back