OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do your clowns free swim or are they hosting a nem? How do they act toward other fish?

It sounds like you could have more luck with something that swims more in the water column, rather than darting in and out of the rockwork. In my 90 G my dottyback is fairly certain every bit of rockwork is his, but doesn't bother anything in the water column.
My clowns were first. When I put the goby/pistol shrimp. Also the royal gramma they just looked at them and swam off. Seemed like they could care less about the other fish. I added a rbta that I got from a friend (his split). It’s a little small my clowns don’t pay attention to it. Might try to get them to host it later on. What type of fish would u recommend?

Indytraveler83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a huge fan of cardinalfish. A PJ or Bangaii cardinal is as "must have" for me as clowns (currently have a bonded pair of Bangaii's). They also have a different body shape and coloration as the fish you have, giving you a range of animals.

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm a huge fan of cardinalfish. A PJ or Bangaii cardinal is as "must have" for me as clowns (currently have a bonded pair of Bangaii's). They also have a different body shape and coloration as the fish you have, giving you a range of animals.
It would be really cool to have a pair of them but I heard they will kill each other if they aren’t a bonded pair :(

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very true. In your system, I don't know if I'd try to stuff 2 of them in anyways. But an individual would be a neat addition.
They do okay by themselves? I’m not sure about having one of these guys. I keep going back and forth on getting one. They are cool but for over 8 years I have had a school of angelfish in my freshwater tank. They kinda look similar. So not sure if I wanna keep one in my saltwater tank. Not sure if that makes sense but idk lol their colors are similar.

Indytraveler83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do okay by themselves? I’m not sure about having one of these guys. I keep going back and forth on getting one. They are cool but for over 8 years I have had a school of angelfish in my freshwater tank. They kinda look similar. So not sure if I wanna keep one in my saltwater tank. Not sure if that makes sense but idk lol their colors are similar.

Especially the bangaii are fine alone. A lot of people who try pairs or groups find themselves down to 1 anyways. Mine started with 5, I was talked into trying a group by one of my LFS. I ended up with a pair instead...

Edit: Also, if you run heavy blue lights like I do, the bangai absolutely shimmer. Best looking fish I've seen under heavy blues.

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Especially the bangaii are fine alone. A lot of people who try pairs or groups find themselves down to 1 anyways. Mine started with 5, I was talked into trying a group by one of my LFS. I ended up with a pair instead...

Edit: Also, if you run heavy blue lights like I do, the bangai absolutely shimmer. Best looking fish I've seen under heavy blues.
I just changed my lighting schedule to 8 hrs a day. I don’t have heavy blue on for to long. But I can see they would look amazing under it. I wish I had black ice clowns lol seen them in reef tanks under blue light and they look awesome.

Indytraveler83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just changed my lighting schedule to 8 hrs a day. I don’t have heavy blue on for to long. But I can see they would look amazing under it. I wish I had black ice clowns lol seen them in reef tanks under blue light and they look awesome.

My clowns are Platinum Percula's, and I'm so glad I went with a white variety. Black ice or black snowflakes would look really cool too.

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My clowns are Platinum Percula's, and I'm so glad I went with a white variety. Black ice or black snowflakes would look really cool too.
Awesome! Would love to see some pictures sometime. Since it’s my first saltwater tank didn’t want to get an expensive clown since they were first going in. I think next tank (few years) I’ll get a clown that has more white variety!

Indytraveler83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Would love to see some pictures sometime. Since it’s my first saltwater tank didn’t want to get an expensive clown since they were first going in. I think next tank (few years) I’ll get a clown that has more white variety!

Here's a pic of each of them under heavy blue. Meh pic of the percula, but you can see what I mean about the bangaii at least.
IMG_20200421_223630.jpg

Brad ward

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello it’s been about 3 weeks since I put my royal gramma into my tank.
I have:
2 clownfish
1 Royal gramma
1 goby/pistol shrimp pair

I wanted to add one more fish to my tank.
I had been thinking about adding a flasher wrasse or six-line, but the more I look into it I don’t think I should get one for my size tank. 32G biocube.

the fish I really think would be cool to add is a blenny. I have heard a lot of about them and how much character these guys have. I purchased a bicolor blenny. I didn’t even think about the similar color.. I know that’s my fault and should have thought more before adding this fish. Well my royal gramma and the blenny instantly started fighting after he got introduced. I took the blenny out right after I saw they wouldn’t stop going at it.

my question is can I put another type of blenny in my tank? Or since it’s only a 32G tank I should just not add one. I’m worried that the royal gramma is going to hurt a blenny cause it's been in there for 3 weeks now and the rock work is basically “all his” in his eyes.

If I can’t add a blenny to the tank, what type of fish would y’all recommend to add? I just want one more fish. I know I’m close to my max bipolar with having 4 already.
Most blennies and gobies will fight to the death
Seen it many times
There are exceptions but...

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Most blennies and gobies will fight to the death
Seen it many times
There are exceptions but...
Ye I think I’m gonna look into other fish. I really wanted a blenny, but it’s best to probably get something else. Maybe a possum wrasse or cardinal? Not sure if a possum wrasse or pink streaked wrasse will be fine though. Haven’t researched them much.

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here's a pic of each of them under heavy blue. Meh pic of the percula, but you can see what I mean about the bangaii at least.
IMG_20200421_223630.jpg
Oh wow they do look amazing under that light. Also ur clown is very pretty. Your fish look very healthy. ;Happy

Brad ward

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ye I think I’m gonna look into other fish. I really wanted a blenny, but it’s best to probably get something else. Maybe a possum wrasse or cardinal? Not sure if a possum wrasse or pink streaked wrasse will be fine though. Haven’t researched them much.
Yellow corris wrasse is an amazing addition to any tank
Peaceful
Pest control
Friendly
Needs sand bed

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yellow corris wrasse is an amazing addition to any tank
Peaceful
Pest control
Friendly
Needs sand bed
I heard those get pretty big. Like 5 inches or so? Idk if it will be okay long term in my tank. They are very pretty fish. Also since it’s a bright yellow not sure if the royal gramma will mess with him?

Brad ward

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard those get pretty big. Like 5 inches or so? Idk if it will be okay long term in my tank. They are very pretty fish. Also since it’s a bright yellow not sure if the royal gramma will mess with him?
If you get a small one they stay small for many years
And my gramma pretty much is a bully to everything at first then after a day or so all good again
Ad new fish when lights are going off

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you! I tried to get both pairs, but got a pic of one of each instead. I got the perculas when they were tiny (less than an inch) so they still swim around with the chromis and haven't really paired up yet.
I got two clowns I got one that’s a bit bigger than the other. I want to make sure they would pair easy. I don’t have a picture of the little one. But I have this picture of my royal gramma and the bigger oscillaris clown.

B7E7391F-40AD-48F6-A3D2-0F90335E41D7.jpeg

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
And my gramma pretty much is a bully to everything at first then after a day or so all good again
Okay I’ll think about it ! Thanks for the fish idea and when I should try adding the fish.

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Forgot to ask are they reed safe? Also I have a fire shrimp. Would he attack my fire shrimp? The yellow coris wrasse.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back