Blue Tang in a 150 (6ft)

ccbobafett

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 30, 2017
Messages
174
Reaction score
48
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if I could keep a blue tang in a 150g 6ft tank?

I also have blue eye tang and foxface already in the tank.
 
Oh, probably, depending on the other dimensions, rockscape, and other tankmates.

What is the width?

Somewhere in the standard 180- standard 240 is usually recommended.

I wouldn't, personally. They get big, and behave strangely, and develop health problems in smaller tanks.
 
Oh, probably, depending on the other dimensions, rockscape, and other tankmates.

What is the width?

Somewhere in the standard 180- standard 240 is usually recommended.

I wouldn't, personally. They get big, and behave strangely, and develop health problems in smaller tanks.

My rocksacpe is open allows a lot of swimming space.

Width is 18in

Tank mates are:
Kole tang
Foxface
Coral beauty
Melanarus wrasse
Trio of chromis
Valenti puffer
Pair of clownfish
Orchid dottyback
Pair of cardinals

I’m still on fence about it, will see what other tangs are available at lfs.
 
Last edited:
Had one in a 6 ft tank and it turned into the tank bully even with a large spawning pair of maroon clowns in the tank. Could never ad anything new to the tank without it continually harassing them. Finally had to catch it with a hook and line wouldn't even consider it in the future.
 
Guess I will skip the blue tang.

I’m thinking of doing a gold rim or powder blue instead. Would either of those work?

Thanks for the help.
 
Powder blue in that size tank should be fine but can be difficult to keep long term. Gold rim is considered easier to keep and a 6 ft tank would be plenty large enough.
 
Powder blue in that size tank should be fine but can be difficult to keep long term. Gold rim is considered easier to keep and a 6 ft tank would be plenty large enough.

Thanks will probably go with gold rim if lfs has one.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new