Bought the wrong product ....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

b0nesZA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I accidently bought a rather large volume of Core7 - Other Methods instead of the Core7 - Triton Method. Since i imported to Sotuh Africa, its not really feasible to return the product.

Is there any difference? I have since converted my sump to the triton method guidelines and removed all my previous reactors. Will buy the correct product in the future, but i have about 9 months worth of supply ....

Any suggestions/help?

Zathres

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I've read the other methods lacks the "food" for the algae but the rest of the formula is the same as the triton method.

OP
OP
B

b0nesZA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I've read the other methods lacks the "food" for the algae but the rest of the formula is the same as the triton method.

So will aglae(Currently have some chaeto chucked in there) grow slower? Thinking about the long term consequences....

jmp21677

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use other methods and my chaeto grows like crazy in my reactor. I know it's not the exact same but for reference.

Zathres

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I understand it, yes, the algae will grow slower. (Stilln building my triton method tank so going on available reading I've done)

As the "other methods" is ment to be used with other sources of nutrient export I would imagine using combination of water changes and other methods if necessary to tide you over until you can get the core 7 triton method would work just fine.

Check out the BRS video on refugiums. To my knowledge they test dkfferent lights in their test systems and test very low or near zero nitrate/phoaphate

Tim2@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think in this instance, you can use the core7 reef supplements you have and supplement the trace elements needed to keep up with algae uptake. You will need to run an ICP analysis to see what that need/dosage is.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 33.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back