Brain coral looking stressed?

Connor

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 13, 2015
Messages
60
Reaction score
6
Location
Vermont
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this guy look alright? Got him a week ago and looks like he's whitening up a little bit. Lights are dimmed to the lowest possible. My red sea test kit is expired so it might be giving me inaccurate readings and I'm thinking maybe thats why it's stressed, because the chemistry is off. Nitrates are at 5-10 ppm (gonna do a water change). What do you guys think? All my other coral is great. Am I just being paranoid? Lol
20170913_150923.jpg
 
The light may still be too strong, if you have a more shady area try and move it there. Make sure you feed him too!
 
The light may still be too strong, if you have a more shady area try and move it there. Make sure you feed him too!

Is it okay if I feed him new life spectrum pellets. Or do I have to feed frozen food. I don't have much in the tank right now to pick up what he misses.
 
Is it okay if I feed him new life spectrum pellets. Or do I have to feed frozen food. I don't have much in the tank right now to pick up what he misses.

I feed my LPS anything from pellets (I use fish food including NLS), mysis, and powdered foods. They will really eat anything you put on them, especially meaty stuff
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new