Brain coral looking stressed?

Connor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this guy look alright? Got him a week ago and looks like he's whitening up a little bit. Lights are dimmed to the lowest possible. My red sea test kit is expired so it might be giving me inaccurate readings and I'm thinking maybe thats why it's stressed, because the chemistry is off. Nitrates are at 5-10 ppm (gonna do a water change). What do you guys think? All my other coral is great. Am I just being paranoid? Lol
20170913_150923.jpg

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light may still be too strong, if you have a more shady area try and move it there. Make sure you feed him too!

OP
OP
Connor

Connor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light may still be too strong, if you have a more shady area try and move it there. Make sure you feed him too!

Is it okay if I feed him new life spectrum pellets. Or do I have to feed frozen food. I don't have much in the tank right now to pick up what he misses.

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it okay if I feed him new life spectrum pellets. Or do I have to feed frozen food. I don't have much in the tank right now to pick up what he misses.

I feed my LPS anything from pellets (I use fish food including NLS), mysis, and powdered foods. They will really eat anything you put on them, especially meaty stuff

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back