Brand new to the hobby and am relocating to Saratoga Springs area. Any Reefers in the area?

Afrashz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and to the 518 area code. Consider joining our “518 Reefers” group here on the site. You’ll have some nice stores near you in Saratoga. I recommend Benson’s Fish Room in Ballston Spa as a good place to start.

Reeferjunkie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r
minions-excited.gif

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r,hope all is well.
I've watched that video alot times also .
I decided to go as big as possible without taking my window out completely on 3rd floor apartment so 80 gallon was biggest could risk buying to fit up the windie stairs lol as if didnt fit if went bigger didn't want lose out on money ha ha .thought about a smaller tank but wanted bigger so more choice of fish and other inverts I wanted.
But good luck on your new tank when get it and hope you get great enjoyment from it

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, Reefers! I've been loosely following the Reefing scene for about 18 months. In our current apartment, it simply isn't feasible to purchase any sort of reefing set up. Later this year, I will be moving to the Saratoga area and will finally have the space for a small tank. I've watched Inappropriate Reefer's "$146 Nano Reef Build" series more times than I'd care to admit, and I look forward to reproducing that build myself.

Are there any new or experienced reefers in this part of New York here on R2R? If so, please drop a comment!

Welcome! Glad you joined. This will help you find other New Yorkers:

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
OldRed1

OldRed1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and to the 518 area code. Consider joining our “518 Reefers” group here on the site. You’ll have some nice stores near you in Saratoga. I recommend Benson’s Fish Room in Ballston Spa as a good place to start.
Silly question, but how do I join such a group? Do I just search for the 518 tag?

OP
OP
OldRed1

OldRed1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the area , couple of us on here just south of you about 20 or 25 minutes . Any questions feel free to reach out , like previously stated you're really close to the only nice store in the area!
Thanks for the welcome! I look forward to being a part of the community!

OP
OP
OldRed1

OldRed1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined. This will help you find other New Yorkers:

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Thanks for the great tip! Once we move later this summer, I’ll be able to start my build. I will make sure to create a build thread then!

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, Reefers! I've been loosely following the Reefing scene for about 18 months. In our current apartment, it simply isn't feasible to purchase any sort of reefing set up. Later this year, I will be moving to the Saratoga area and will finally have the space for a small tank. I've watched Inappropriate Reefer's "$146 Nano Reef Build" series more times than I'd care to admit, and I look forward to reproducing that build myself.

Are there any new or experienced reefers in this part of New York here on R2R? If so, please drop a comment!
my build thread will be replicating the 146$ nano except i wont do everything he does. brand new my tank is like $200 using aquaknight, aquaclear 30, digiten ato, 20 lbs crushed coral, aqqa 500 gph powerhead, & marineland percision heater. i am getting 10 lbs of gulf live rock tomorrow. i live in indiana personally but i bet theres some reefers in NY

OP
OP
OldRed1

OldRed1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my build thread will be replicating the 146$ nano except i wont do everything he does. brand new my tank is like $200 using aquaknight, aquaclear 30, digiten ato, 20 lbs crushed coral, aqqa 500 gph powerhead, & marineland percision heater. i am getting 10 lbs of gulf live rock tomorrow. i live in indiana personally but i bet theres some reefers in NY
What light did you end up going with?

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 10.0%
Back