Brand New

iamacat

Higher than my pH
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah how do you like the trigger systems sump? Is it worth it? That’s what I’ve been thinking about using when I start my tank but I need to drill my tank and install and overflow
Best investment I made was the platinum sump. It does more for me than any other piece of equipment. The filter roller is top notch and trigger is a great brand. Sure my apex is dope for testing and monitoring. But not messing with filter socks and running the system I run has paid for itself ten fold. Not to mention the consistency my system has by the constant removal of waste by the roller

iamacat

Higher than my pH
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best investment I made was the platinum sump. It does more for me than any other piece of equipment. The filter roller is top notch and trigger is a great brand. Sure my apex is dope for testing and monitoring. But not messing with filter socks and running the system I run has paid for itself ten fold. Not to mention the consistency my system has by the constant removal of waste by the roller
I’m also relieved to hear you exploring options not at the bottom rung of the price points. This will help you with your journey. There are ways to save but there are items I think are worth the extra investment and a sump is one for me

OP
OP
Skeeter4890

Skeeter4890

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m also relieved to hear you exploring options not at the bottom rung of the price points. This will help you with your journey. There are ways to save but there are items I think are worth the extra investment and a sump is one for me
Yeah when I originally bought my tank I bought some other things with it without doing much research hence why it doesn’t have an overflow in it my original plan was to use a canister filter system and I’ve decided that I want it to be a long term tank so that’s not really the best option

OP
OP
Skeeter4890

Skeeter4890

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah when I originally bought my tank I bought some other things with it without doing much research hence why it doesn’t have an overflow in it my original plan was to use a canister filter system and I’ve decided that I want it to be a long term tank so that’s not really the best option
I may use that canister for maybe a smaller qt tank at some point honestly

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Like you I am new to the hobby. I do a lot of thread reading here on R2R usually pick a topic each day to read up on. Also suggest the Bulk Reef Supply videos on the BRS web site.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Skeeter4890

Skeeter4890

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Like you I am new to the hobby. I do a lot of thread reading here on R2R squally pick a topic each day to read up on. Also suggest the Bulk Reef Supply videos on the BRS web site.
Oh yeah I’ve watched plenty of BRStv videos lol

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the best possible platform on the web to get answers and meet people within this saltwater keeping hobby! No doubt a place where you can get lost in all kinds of different and insightful information!

Another great place to snag info about this hobby we all love is YouTube! I have a channel going that is basically just my journey in reefing! May have some helpful tips and tricks for ya! Let me know if you get a chance to check it out! Again, welcome to R2R!!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back