OP
OP
Niterunner77

Niterunner77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just installed my new led light strip so I can see under my stand! Was able to pick one up from Ikea that had sensors built in for a bedroom wardrobe. So now when I open the doors, the light automatically comes on! Score!
IMG_1204.JPG
IMG_1201.JPG
36" of pure light! Lol
IMG_1202.JPG
IMG_1203.JPG

OP
OP
Niterunner77

Niterunner77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening everyone! I did a little bit of plumbing today and also got my electrical box hung on the wall and started making the wood inserts to hold the switch panels, controllers and battery backup! Not a lot but a little progress today
IMG_1215.JPG
IMG_1216.JPG

OP
OP
Niterunner77

Niterunner77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's been almost 2 weeks since I've updated my thread and aloe has been going on. The last week was a much needed family vacation to Gatlinberg TN! First time going there and it was great! Once we got back I was able to fill my Aquarium with water after plumbing everything! After that I was able to get all my wiring organized in my electrical cabinet after fabricating the inside panel and mounting everything in it which was a task but still fun! So here's all the pics!!!

Switches for all the electronics
IMG_1216.JPG

Interior electrical panel
IMG_1232.JPG

Test fitting electronics on panel
IMG_1234.JPG

Painted interior panel in cabinet
IMG_1236.JPG

Wiring and labeling
IMG_1241.JPG

So much to take into consideration
IMG_1242.JPG

Completed wiring cabinet!!!!!
IMG_1244.JPG

Final fitting! Everything on a test run! The cabinet hides very well behind our book shelves! Very happy with the results so far!!!!
IMG_1245.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Niterunner77

Niterunner77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I failed to mention in my last post that I put black tint/vinyl on the back of my aquarium! I'm also in limbo about what dosing equipment I should get. Any suggestions on pumps, dosers, etc?

OP
OP
Niterunner77

Niterunner77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So its been about 3 weeks since I last updated the build process. I was able to get all the wiring finished and ready to go in my electrical cabinet. I then set up my Neptune ATK with extra sensor for my ATO container. Then I was able to aqua scape the rock and then changed it about 4 times.Then I filled the tank with sand, live rock, a little dry rock and water about 3 days ago. Then I decided to change the rocks one more time but this time i used Aquaforest stone fix to get some better shapes/ natural looks I wanted. Still have a bit of bonding to do but its good for a day or so till i get some inspiration! What does everyone think about the scape? Any opinions for change? Now off to play around with all my settings with ecotech live! I love tinkering! more updates soon!

OP
OP
Niterunner77

Niterunner77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FMM
IMG_1416.JPG
IMG_1415.JPG
ATO container beside stand under bookshelf (sensor on container to let me know when I need to refill the water)
IMG_1414.JPG
filled with water before recent aquascape change!
IMG_1418.JPG

OP
OP
Niterunner77

Niterunner77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New aquascape! Water still cloudy from moving everything! Look good??? Opinions welcome!
IMG_1426.JPG
IMG_1427.JPG
IMG_1428.JPG

Whyteboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Your new aquascape looks good. Lots of coral real estate and vertical room for them to grow into nice colonies.

OP
OP
Niterunner77

Niterunner77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your new aquascape looks good. Lots of coral real estate and vertical room for them to grow into nice colonies.
Thanks! I learned having the big black center overflow made it a little more difficult to scape also.

OP
OP
Niterunner77

Niterunner77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1429.JPG
Oh! And I failed to mention that she said Yes! Thought it would be appropriate since I feel like family on this forum and I done it with divers and a HUGE aquarium!!!!! Oh and she loves reef tanks also!!!!

Rob77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1429.JPG
Oh! And I failed to mention that she said Yes! Thought it would be appropriate since I feel like family on this forum and I done it with divers and a HUGE aquarium!!!!! Oh and she loves reef tanks also!!!!
First Off Congrats! Really nice set up !.............. Are you happy with the kessil h80?

OP
OP
Niterunner77

Niterunner77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First Off Congrats! Really nice set up !.............. Are you happy with the kessil h80?
Thank you! And so far yes I am happy with the H80. It's bright but doesn't flood over into my other sump chambers. I just now got some chaeto put in, so I'll let you know more as I start to see more growth!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back