Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll help. Just for fun. I'm evil.

Outstanding! They should be afraid. Very afraid!

The more the merrier :)

You need to get an orange filter for your cam. It is astonishing how much it helps.

I have one for the good camera but I don't use it often. That last pic was a quick one on my phone.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice, welcome to the squishy side. :)

Mine was gorgeous autumnal shades of brown until it went in my tank and reverted to rainbow colours, gutted! ;) :p
I'm sure you were devastated! :rolleyes:

Woke up this morning to feed the tan and it has expanded much more. And this thing is absolutely glowing! ;Singing;Singing;Singing I have to think that the picture they posted in the WYSIWYG was taken under regular white lighting, no blues at all.

Trying to patiently wait for the lighting to ramp up more to see what I really have.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just saw a breaking news report that some crazy englishman was pulled from the mid atlantic ocean. He was nearly catatonic but repeatedly utttering something about trying to swim to Alabama to steal a glowing, squishy bouncy..... The coast guard was quite confused!

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just saw a breaking news report that some crazy englishman was pulled from the mid atlantic ocean. He was nearly catatonic but repeatedly utttering something about trying to swim to Alabama to steal a glowing, squishy bouncy..... The coast guard was quite confused!

... and it was the British coast guard so now I'm back home cold, wrinkly and sulky! ;)

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<checks watch, looks at post, checks watch again> How early do your lights come on? :confused:Mo
They start ramping on at 5:30am but don't get very white until closer to 8am. I need them on early to feed before I go to work on week days so my lights have a long light cycle. I only keep them at their peak for 5 hours.

Most of the reds are still hidden in the folds. I wouldn't have guessed it yesterday but this thing is going to open up a lot more than I had thought. I'm glad @Robin Haselden gave me a heads up on that!

Now that I have the smoker going my morning should slow down. Talking about distracted.... having some of my sons friends over for a party tonight so smoking a pork shoulder. I normally smoke a smaller one so I started earlier than normal. Got the smoker set up, lit the coals and went to put the rub on the shoulder. Didn't even think about turning off the sprinkler system. Sure enough... :rolleyes:;Blackeye

So that made this morning a little more difficult, but it's going now.
upload_2018-8-4_8-46-59.png

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to see if I can set off a new craze, my "rasta" lobo! :p

DSC_0001 by sshipuk, on Flickr

I've tried lobos twice now, and I'm 0 for 2. Both times I had rather unfortunate events happen that may or may not have had a hand in their demise. They seem to be quite a bit more sensitive to changes than trachyphyllia. Now that I have a stable tank(free of metals) that I'm fairly sure isn't going to explode on me over night, maybe it's time to try another one. I think a nice purple would be lovely.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some maintenance done on the tank this morning. Was quiet this morning after having a house full of 17 to 19 year olds last night. Great kids so my wife and I do enjoy hosting the occasional party.

Checked the calibration of my dosing heads, and they are all still dead on. Changed filter socks. Cleaned the skimmer cup. Took out my reactor so I could clean it. Will do that after lunch. I have a new one on order so I can separate my GFO from my GAC. I wasn't getting enough flow with both media together imo.

Oh, and I was enjoying this.
DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some maintenance done on the tank this morning. Was quiet this morning after having a house full of 17 to 19 year olds last night. Great kids so my wife and I do enjoy hosting the occasional party.

Checked the calibration of my dosing heads, and they are all still dead on. Changed filter socks. Cleaned the skimmer cup. Took out my reactor so I could clean it. Will do that after lunch. I have a new one on order so I can separate my GFO from my GAC. I wasn't getting enough flow with both media together imo.

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

Opening up nicely. Beautiful.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg
;Woot

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks ok I spoze, not jealous at all! ;)
Mine doesn't have as many colors as yours does, but I am very happy with what I got. Just remember, its your fault! :p

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 84 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.7%
Back