Bright and yellow in sump!

MaximusReef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2020
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Location
new jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this bright yellow worm looking thing attached to a piece of caleurpa. Two days later there a few of these yellow spots, but they all seem to be on the tips of the caleurpa. Any ideas?

88E5FD3A-B53F-42A9-BF98-6AD81E369D85.jpeg FA195482-9413-4EAE-9B41-5583DF35126A.png 71F28B17-3078-4DEB-95C5-3559432FBA2F.jpeg
 
Found another interesting specimen tonight...I swear it has a foot! Haha
 

Attachments

  • E63CEFC5-F2FD-4A75-9E8D-87543E8BC026.png
    E63CEFC5-F2FD-4A75-9E8D-87543E8BC026.png
    662.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 84485ECD-37B2-405C-8AA7-07CB53B938E6.png
    84485ECD-37B2-405C-8AA7-07CB53B938E6.png
    900.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 9A2168DF-5428-4796-9B97-77DE45BE1445.jpeg
    9A2168DF-5428-4796-9B97-77DE45BE1445.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 64
Does it move? I’m thinking pineapple sponge
 
I’ve been staring at it and haven’t seen it move...I have plenty of pineapple sponges in the sump...they are all opaque white and the same shape.
Here is yellow version

FF63E4E1-3812-432E-95EB-A1989EDE75F9.jpeg
71D6A5B8-1233-477C-8BF3-6E2665EE9ACD.jpeg
 
I know the pics are hard to tell...but these things are very vibrant yellow. The shape is also peculiar.
 
If they don't move and they are attached to the tips of the algae, could they be a part of the algae? Like an inflorescence or flower?
 
So are they still there? Do they move around on the algae?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new