Bristle Starfish: when do worry about survival?

kitti-fish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2024
Messages
499
Reaction score
564
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I brought a bottle starfish home yesterday. Did a 30 minute bag float and then an hour of acclimation. As of now, it’s hidden in the rock crevice. It reacts to light but hasn’t moved at all. All other inverts are doing well. Any advice is welcome.
 
Thats about it, it doesn't do much, it usually stays hidden in the rocks during the day and will scavenge at night.
 
Thats about it, it doesn't do much, it usually stays hidden in the rocks during the day and will scavenge at night.
Do they just go back to their original place? My first time I love my little alien just after my mishap with my urchin in always on edge when I introduce something new.
 
Mine used to change his 'favorite' spot every so often, it was fun to keep track of.
 
I’ll try that tonight! Just store bought shrimp will work or something special?
I buy fresh at the grocery store deli. A 1/4# will last a long time. I cut it up in small pieces and freeze the remaining.
 
Shrimp worked! He was hungry! And so was everyone else
You got any left? Shrimp does sound good!

Shaq Lobster GIF by Visit Abu Dhabi
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new