Bristle worm or star fish?

onetootreefor

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2014
Messages
505
Reaction score
228
Location
Atlanta
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed some zoa frags were closed and acting funny so I was moving them around and found a cluster of what I thought were bristle worms...they seemed stunned and I was able to snag a few with some tweezers.
When I got them out they looked more like star fish with a circular center in which al the bristly legs came off ...I tried to take a picture and this is the best I could do.

I know I have more of these pests and if you know what they are how do I get rid of them?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414877139.691941.jpg
 
Little brittle stars. Good clean up crew members and cute little guys!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new