Brown and bleaching montipora

thiagoetto

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 4, 2019
Messages
19
Reaction score
4
Location
Brazil
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not having much luck with my green montipora.
It is on the top of the hardscape, highest flow possible and high light intense (HD aqua illumination).

At first it started to bleach so I replace it into the bottom. Then it started to brown.

Now I replaced again (top but on the side). It is bleached in some areas and brown in others. Despite of that, I can see polyp extension and growth on the base.

What should I do to enhance coloration (already doing a 10% water change every Saturday).

E89A8C37-D031-4920-B883-75D54BA86D40.jpeg

9935B69D-33A7-444C-BCB7-81FD83360C81.jpeg
 
I think the first question would be what are your no3 and po4 levels?
 
I think the first question would be what are your no3 and po4 levels?
Nitrate is bellow 2 ppm now. Not testing for phosphate (though no algae bloom on the hardscape).
Trying to keep NO3 and PO4 as low as possible with weekly 10% water changes.
 
Nitrate is bellow 2 ppm now. Not testing for phosphate (though no algae bloom on the hardscape).
Trying to keep NO3 and PO4 as low as possible with weekly 10% water changes.
You need to test po4, friend. I recommend Salifert kits if they are accessible to you.

Just as an example, I thought my tiny amount of feeding once every 3 days along with weekly 15% water changes was good enough but once I tested po4 it was steadily rising week after week despite my regime.
 
Nitrate is bellow 2 ppm now. Not testing for phosphate (though no algae bloom on the hardscape).
Trying to keep NO3 and PO4 as low as possible with weekly 10% water changes.
Probably your problem.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new