Brown Jelly Disease

  • Thread starter Thread starter KQuillan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

KQuillan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 11, 2022
Messages
3,936
Reaction score
6,696
Location
Nashville, TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Woke up to one of my torches with BJD. Instead of covering it to get it out of the tank, I just grabbed it and yanked it out. I did see some fly off in the water. Do I need to be worried?
 
Woke up to one of my torches with BJD. Instead of covering it to get it out of the tank, I just grabbed it and yanked it out. I did see some fly off in the water. Do I need to be worried?
Ah that sucks. Not sure about the flyaway, but I’d definitely watch carefully. I just lost a Goni(one my favs unfortunately) to it. Sorry about loss.
 
Ah that sucks. Not sure about the flyaway, but I’d definitely watch carefully. I just lost a Goni(one my favs unfortunately) to it. Sorry about loss.
Oh no, not a glitter I hope.
 
Woke up to one of my torches with BJD. Instead of covering it to get it out of the tank, I just grabbed it and yanked it out. I did see some fly off in the water. Do I need to be worried?
I've never had a problem with fly-off having any effect on other corals. Only the ones with direct contact with the affected area/head.
If you ever see it again, an easy way to avoid fly-off is to use a bulb syringe/other suction device, and suck off more of the dying tissue before pulling it out. Have also had success saving other heads this way.
 
Woke up to one of my torches with BJD. Instead of covering it to get it out of the tank, I just grabbed it and yanked it out. I did see some fly off in the water. Do I need to be worried?
Are you sure BJD? Does not describe habit of BJD and if it is, you want to siphon it with 3/8" tubing, noy blow it around
For verification, Can you post pics under white lighting ?
 
Are you sure BJD? Does not describe habit of BJD and if it is, you want to siphon it with 3/8" tubing, noy blow it around
For verification, Can you post pics under white lighting ?
It was definitely BJD. Already tossed.
 
I had the same thing happen and I treated the tank with cipro (the antibiotic) at a low dose. I spent some time googling to find a treatment. I haven't seen any BJD since.
 
I had the same thing and just took the torch out. Wasn't super careful with removal and it spread super quickly to the rest of my lps... lost every torch and other lps. I heard running cipro or chemiclean can help.
 
I had the same thing happen and I treated the tank with cipro (the antibiotic) at a low dose. I spent some time googling to find a treatment. I haven't seen any BJD since.
Where do you get the cipro?
 
I also had great luck with cipro. I had a dino outbreak that seemed to trigger a BJD outbreak. Killed the dinos, but BJD was taking out my torches and hammers. 0.5mg per gallon, every other day for three total doses.
 
King fu corral dip worked great for my BJD. Lost 5 heads of a torch until I dosed all Euhphyllia with it. It included the use of cipro. Google kfc corral dip for more info.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new