BRS Pump Failure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jon M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just went downstairs to check on my tank and noticed the ALK container is still full after a week. Used my Apex to turn on the BRS 1.1ml pump and nothing. Unplugged it and plugged it into a regular outlet and nothing. Tried the Calc pump with same results. Purchased both new less than a year ago and outlets on the Apex work fine. Thoughts?

Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If they aren't working on new outlets I imagine there is something wrong with the motor.

BRS has a two year warranty on their 1.1ml pumps. I'd definitely contact them for support.

Cyricdark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just went downstairs to check on my tank and noticed the ALK container is still full after a week. Used my Apex to turn on the BRS 1.1ml pump and nothing. Unplugged it and plugged it into a regular outlet and nothing. Tried the Calc pump with same results. Purchased both new less than a year ago and outlets on the Apex work fine. Thoughts?
It's pretty unusual to hear about somebody having one of those bad much less two but I guess if you tried it on a known good outlet that must be the case. That's pretty crazy though I've had a bunch of those pumps pass through my hands over the years I don't think I've ever seen a bad one the three that I'm using now are probably all at least five years old probably older I don't think I've ever done any kind of Maintenance replace the tubes or anything, lol.

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yikes! I most certainly wouldn't expect that to happen with our pumps within such a short time frame. They've always been pretty bullet proof for me!

I'm sure you have already, but if not... give us a call right away and any one of our CS team will get you sorted out ASAP! :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back