BRS reef saver rock question.

  • Thread starter Thread starter cameronh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 11, 2015
Messages
6,790
Reaction score
5,317
Location
GA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking about getting some of this for my five gallon, has anyone used this? What's yalls thoughts about it?
 
I used it and I really like it. But I'm a newbie so I'm no expert. I liked that it's not taken from a reef and it's hitchhiker free. It's also fairly easy to stack to make interesting scapes.

1451495885943.jpg
 
I used it and I really like it. But I'm a newbie so I'm no expert. I liked that it's not taken from a reef and it's hitchhiker free. It's also fairly easy to stack to make interesting scapes.

1451495885943.jpg
Thanks for your reply! Just trying to get some opinions before I buy
 
I have some of the reef save rock in a 65G tank...The stuff I got was more boulder-like and seemed much more dense versus Pukani.

11390287_728347849770_6247769338752988853_n.jpg

Personally I like aquascaping with Pukani better.
 
I recently bought 150 lbs of pukani and 50 lbs of shelf rock for my upcoming builds and also got 50 lbs of brs reef saver for my birthday last year. In my opinion the pukani is much nicer looking and is much more porous and weighs less. It's well worth a little more money. And I would agree with ChukeeR, that it's more of a boulder than a "holed" rock.
 
Newbie here too. No experience with anything else.

I used it for my 10 gallon nano and really like it. When purchasing you can add a comment. I didn't want big boulders so I asked for a variety of sizes to allow for aquascaping. They did not disappoint. Just tell them your tank size and request different size rocks.
 
i bought the reef saver this time as well, hoping for lot less leaching of phosphates. its definatley way more dense and not as nice as pukani but i only needed 20 lbs and chiseled a couple pieces smaller
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new