Bubba's SPS Journey

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I went to Macna with my wife and while we were there my wife was entering me in all the raffles. Last week Reef Nutrition emailed me and said I happened to win the raffle and they were sending me a starter pack. I wasn’t sure what that meant at the time but today I received the package and surprised how much stuff it is. After looking over the stuff it all looks high quality and the copepods were all very lively.

C86EADAE-CE28-449A-9488-BCF33C1E68D2.jpeg
Very nice!! I love Reef Nutrition products! Also, I definitely need to get a piece of Fruity Pebbles at some point. That's a beautiful stick!

Dkeller_nc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, it's all good stuff (Reef Nutrition). I'd guess that most of us use the Oyster Feast and the Phytofeast most often for the purpose of feeding corals (the phyto for encouraging pods and other critters that the corals eat).

On the subject of Adam's names, I rather strongly suspect he's poking fun at the whole thing. I remember looking at his selections a couple of years ago and none of them had names. "Conveyor of fleshdunce" is highly suggestive of intense sarcasm....

Dkeller_nc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way - if you ever get the itch to grow your own copepods in culture, Phytofeast makes this quite easy to do. I grew prodigious amounts of the various Algagen copepods for a couple of years using only Phytofeast as the feed source (and the "preserved" version - Phytofeast Live doesn't seem to be necessary).

That, btw, is one of the major PITA aspects of growing copepods. You have to have a LOT of phyto culture to feed quite small amounts of copepods is you're doing the whole thing from start to finish. The concentrated Reef Nutrition algae products takes a great deal of the drudgery out of it.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That look similar to BC Space Laser?
Similar but different for sure. Somewhere in here there is a pic with them growing out side by side.

I’m not sure if you’re familiar with WWC mojoman but I believe that one is same as Space laser as it gets a little green as I’ve never seen the all star get it. Here is a pic that WWC took of the mojoman and the all star. Both very similar but also different and they are growing out that close in their tank.

Mojoman on the right and all star left.
97B02D41-A3ED-49B4-A969-D89C3C648086.jpeg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • None.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%

Back