Bubba's SPS Journey

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
To change it up a little I decided to practice taking fish pics.

Golden Rhomboid Wrasse
50842956597_96ca283aeb_b.jpg
This fish is on my bucket list. I need a bigger tank...

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubba, this "work" thing has clearly gotten out of hand lately.

Might be time to reassess priorities.
Haha, I hear ya. Top Shelf Aquatics reached out to me last August and offered me their photographer and online position as their previous employee was moving. I agreed to fill position.

Taking pics all day of coral doesn't leave me with a lot of desire to rush home and take more pics.

I am grabbing a lot of mariculture colonies from Top Shelf Aquatics and will be filling my tank with them. Indo was closed for so long we rarely seen any new and exciting corals enter the hobby, so now I am going to take advantage of having access to the colonies. As having something new is exciting I will be excited to share pics of them. Hopefully I find an Indo gem, lol.

Stay tuned for the return of pics!

Making me get the itch man.
I haven't heard from you in a while! Come visit me at Top Shelf Aquatics ;)

rick_reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATED FTS of all tanks as of December 2018

Display 180

FTS Jan 27.jpg

Frag tank 50 gallon
Left frag tank Dec 17.jpg

Frag tank 50 gallon
Right frag tank Dec 17.jpg

I don't really share much pics but I figured I would start so I can document my journey and sps growth. I will upload new photos of new sps as I get them or have time to take more photos. Here are a few to start with.

JKR rainbow.png

JKR rainbow
Pink Lemonade.png

Pink Lemonade
BC Secale.png

BC Secale
TSA Princess Peach.png

TSA Princess Peach
Confetti January.png

Vivids Confetti
With you having only small SPS have you had to start dosing yet? I bought my first SPS today and am worried I don’t have the time to keep doing regular tests, so I would like to know, how many SPS corals do would you have to start automatic dosing?

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With you having only small SPS have you had to start dosing yet? I bought my first SPS today and am worried I don’t have the time to keep doing regular tests, so I would like to know, how many SPS corals do would you have to start automatic dosing?
You are looking at a post from several years ago.

Sps are a little harder to keep if you don’t regularly test. You need to test alk regularly to know if you should dose. Once alk and calcium drop them you dose to keep it from dropping.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@bubbaque what is your ratio for pond melafix to water? Aswell, how long do you dip for? Thanks
I no longer use that. I use a product called reef primer after seeing what Adam at BC said about it and also the success at tsa has seen with it. I follow the instructions on the bottle.

PegasisR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I no longer use that. I use a product called reef primer after seeing what Adam at BC said about it and also the success at tsa has seen with it. I follow the instructions on the bottle.

Oh okay :) I'll need to get a bottle of that now... are there any similarities with potassium chloride?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back