Bubble anemone by powerhead question

Jhoussock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0FC0EF28-48DC-458E-91A3-25991E43E4FE.jpeg
When I first scraped my tank I had a bubble tip anemone walk to the back of my rocks and settle in a low light low flow spot after about three months I looked at my tank today and it’s now up top getting blasted by my mp10 in high light with high flow. Everything I read says leave it alone and it will settle where it’s happy. Is there anything I should know about if this guy starts to wonder? Is there ever a case where it will get stuck in high flow and stress or should it be able to move to safety? It’s never done well to begin with so glad it’s finding a better spot. Just nervous about it moving around.

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cover it , it’ll get sucked into the PH and blow to pieces

OP
OP
Jhoussock

Jhoussock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3BBE1BFE-2653-4997-8C0D-CDBD811ECB0D.jpeg
Here’s a closer shot of how it’s attached... it’s kind of under the rock and the curled upward toward the light and into the flow so it may have some protection from flow if it hides

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You talking about those foam things they came with? You think it would climb down and then back up the glass???
Anything that you are able to cover it with then use that. If it detaches and start floating it could end up in there

Ronny Bello

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once with my first saltwater aquarium I got a bubble tip and didn't cover my powerhead. When I got back from work the next day it was torn to pieces. It had to got to close and bam gone. Poor fella.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back