bubble bath unicorn

  • Thread starter Thread starter bubbaque
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2016
Messages
6,362
Reaction score
20,892
Location
Central Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have Adam's "bubblebath Unicorn"? I am wondering if people are pulling out the same colors.
 
Trying to get back to it. I had an alk issue and the piece greened out on me, but for reference.

Day of arrival and shot in sunlight.
upload_2017-5-18_0-43-57.png


What it looked like from the side. Day 1.
upload_2017-5-18_0-44-33.png


Topdown on day 1.
upload_2017-5-18_0-45-45.png
 
Trying to get back to it. I had an alk issue and the piece greened out on me, but for reference.

Day of arrival and shot in sunlight.
upload_2017-5-18_0-43-57.png


What it looked like from the side. Day 1.
upload_2017-5-18_0-44-33.png


Topdown on day 1.
upload_2017-5-18_0-45-45.png

I have what looks like the exact same coral. It was sold under the name Beast Mode. I call it "the purple Acro with yellowish polyps". I hope yours regains it's form. They are a beautiful piece.
 
Does anyone have Adam's "bubblebath Unicorn"? I am wondering if people are pulling out the same colors.

I have one that's still small. Seems like a slow grower. Right now, brownish with green tips. I'm not worried, the other Battle Corals have eventually colored up nicely and look like the photos on the website. It should color up more once past the frag stage.

Although, many of my Acros that should have purples, don't. May need to play with lighting.
 
This is about 1.5 yrs of growth for me. It definitely likes to encrust first...taking off for me now. It's more vibrant in higher nutrients. Mine is about 5nitrate. Lil pale for my tasting. Look better at 20....last month...

20170724_194306.jpg
 
its been encrusting but hasn't started growing vertically yet,no great coloration either,my experience with corals like this are the colors dont show up until the verticle growth starts...waiting patiently..
 
Still wants to encrust and finally threw up a tiny nub that's showing it's potential. The nubs are coming way slower than the base is spreading out.
bc_bubble_bath_unicorn_111617.jpg
 
The little nub that popped up has great color!
 
CC, one of our sponsors has a Frag for sale currently. Colors are great on it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new