Bubble Nano Tank

mosterhout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to reefing and have never setup a tank, I got a 18gal or so bubble nano tank from my buddy and he used a in tank filter. I'm not a fan of in tank filters as they take up space and just don't look that great, I decided to drill out bulk heads on one of the flat sides to do an external filter and heater. The outside has 3" and the inside is 3 1/4" of room. I am debating should i put in 1/2" or 3/4" or 1" or a combo of bulk heads? I plan on putting the bulkhead that drains to the filter on top to be able to skim the water and the return under that with a slight angle to the top to agitate the surface.

Suggestion on overflow strainers, cone or low-profile?

Planning to use a small powerhead or two to put opposite of the return or place 1 on either side 2/3 or so of the way down pointing at each other for turbulence.
Suggestions for cheap small AC powerheads? Later on i will upgrade to DC powerheads

Tank stock ideas: a pair of clowns, a goby or jawfish, fire angel, and a fire red shrimp, along with some live rock and coral later on.

20200923_204849.jpg

20200924_183116.jpg

I also have a 70gal with a 29 gal sump i am in the process of setting up. Herbie overflow setup with 1" pipes. If fish need to, can move to the 70gal
20200916_164700.jpg

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck. It looks like a cleaning nightmare to me. But that's just my opinion.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 44 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.9%
Back