Bubblegum digi losing polyp extension

Mrussell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
Over the last two days I have noticed my bubblegum digi has way less polyp extension. I can see the skeleton, when before only the tips were exposed the rest was covered in fuzzy polyps. What do you guys think? Maybe the bubble tip is stinging it? Last time it started losing color and polyp extension it was black bugs. All parameters are stable and normal. This guy has been in the tank over a year.
50EC3270-FC14-45D3-BF8B-54BA604433BA.jpeg

OP
OP
Mrussell

Mrussell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does that bubble Tioga huge mover? That particular coral is pretty hardy, how are other sps corals doing?
Other sps look good. Bubble tip doesn’t move but it keeps growing. Definitely touches the bubblegum digi

OP
OP
Mrussell

Mrussell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the anemone is touching the Monti, I would address that.
Yah unfortunately both the digi and the nem are pretty much stuck where they are. Digi is fully encrusted and the foot of the nem is deep in the rock work, no sign of moving

OP
OP
Mrussell

Mrussell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I may have found the issue. My male clown has taken to using the digi as a host. When he does this with my zoas he gnaws on them. I just saw him do the same thing to the digi, basically sucking on one of the branches. Wish I could catch it on video..

OP
OP
Mrussell

Mrussell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I may have found the issue. My male clown has taken to using the digi as a host. When he does this with my zoas he gnaws on them. I just saw him do the same thing to the digi, basically sucking on one of the branches. Wish I could catch it on video..
15A987E9-5143-4292-B0EB-99EA703E4188.jpeg

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the coral is not bleaching in the touched areas, or losing tissue, then this is not a big deal. Digis are pretty tough.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 44 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back