Budget light choices for 2ft cube tank

foxngn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Would like to get opinion from you all regarding of lights.
This past 2 years i had been using China black box on my 2x2x2 tank.
Only until recently i think of a change due to the fan getting noisy, i guess is time for a change.

My tank only will cater LPS & softies, no SPS is in consideration except for the montipora that i currently owned.

I got a few choices in my time, though I'm not sure which one would be a better option for me.

1. Noopsyche k7 pro 2
2. Ocean Revive t247
3. A.I.PRIME HD
4. Maxspect Jump LED L165

From where i from the price for each of those isn't that much different thus it making me much more hard to decide.

OP
OP
foxngn

foxngn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you prefer to hang the light or use mounting arms?

I'll prefer mounting arm, though my current black box, I also did DIY a stainless steel rack for the light to seat on.

jt86

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a maxspect r420r 16k for 130 if you interested. It should be able to cover your tank perfectly

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll prefer mounting arm, though my current black box, I also did DIY a stainless steel rack for the light to seat on.

I do not have experience with the noopsyche or the new maxspect. However I think that the AI prime should work for lps and softies. The ocean revive, while less customizable, is definitely the most powerful out of the options. The only downside of ocean revives, when using the mounting arms, is the strong hotspot in the center. I have 2 ocean revives on my 75.

OP
OP
foxngn

foxngn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a maxspect r420r 16k for 130 if you interested. It should be able to cover your tank perfectly

Is impossible for me to take even i interested.
I'm far away somewhere in Asian

I do not have experience with the noopsyche or the new maxspect. However I think that the AI prime should work for lps and softies. The ocean revive, while less customizable, is definitely the most powerful out of the options. The only downside of ocean revives, when using the mounting arms, is the strong hotspot in the center. I have 2 ocean revives on my 75.

Meaning for Ocean revive, if using the mounting arm, it doesn't spread so wide to the left and right, correct?

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is impossible for me to take even i interested.
I'm far away somewhere in Asian

Meaning for Ocean revive, if using the mounting arm, it doesn't spread so wide to the left and right, correct?

For the ocean revives it's just that the center has higher par than the rest of the tank (in the upper part of my tank, the center under the light has a par of 350, but closer to the side of the fixture it is 150. However, that is the case with any box style light unless mounted higher.

OP
OP
foxngn

foxngn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the ocean revives it's just that the center has higher par than the rest of the tank (in the upper part of my tank, the center under the light has a par of 350, but closer to the side of the fixture it is 150. However, that is the case with any box style light unless mounted higher.

I see, in that case I could have it seated on my existing black box stainless steel rack. I believe both size of the light fixture wouldn't be that much different.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back