Building frame for 125 gal tank

Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

Victory652

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2021
Messages
189
Reaction score
158
Location
Tulsa
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone! I am looking at building a frame for my 125gal tank. I am looking for ideas on the best way to design the front of the tank for accessibility and function.

My current plan is to have a metal base frame then adding wood around it for looks and function.

Tell me you ideas or what you built!!

Tank dims: 72in long, 18.5 in deep, and 22.5 in tall. Basic 125 long tank.

Below is the tank I am building it for. I adopted this tank from someone who ran it for 8years. Wasn't taking good care of it in the end. So I am trying to clean it up and revive it haha
16323201976036938999561783907729.jpg
 
Last edited:
I went with a wood frame because I could work with wood and used @RocketEngineer plan....a proven plan that doesn't need a center brace. Here's the plan, and the raw stand for my tank. With you having a six foot tank, you'll want a top 2x6 frame with all the rest, 2x4's. Then skin the tank with whatever fits your design wishes.

Stand.JPG


OurStand.jpg
 
Last edited:
Yeah it nice not having the center brace, I have a large sump and needed to eliminate the real center brace . I ran five 2X4’s across the top . Gives plenty of support. Also built it 36 inches tall. Standard stands are two low for me. I like tanks a little higher for better viewing. Plus more room in sump area.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new