Building Rock Structures

  • Thread starter Thread starter RadReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RadReef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 27, 2009
Messages
394
Reaction score
1
Location
Franklin Park, IL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started putting together my rock structures for my new tank. I used a mixture of Marcos rocks and rock from my previous tank. To make the shapes I used zip-ties and black Great Stuff pond and stone foam. The structures are surprisingly strong!!
IMG_1075.jpg
IMG_1077.jpg
IMG_1078.jpg
IMG_1080.jpg
IMG_1081.jpg

pencil.png

pencil.png
 
Looks like you are off to a good start; some pretty cool looking structures there. You might want to clip of the ends of those zip ties so they are not sticking out, and I personally would brush a layer of epoxy over the pond stuff and sprinkle some aragonite sand over it to help it blend in and make it look like the rest of your rock.
 
lol, I wondered if people would think I left the zip-ties uncut. I did cut them and completely covered the ties with foam. I may still cover the foam with sand, I have plenty, I got 160lbs. from Marcos rocks.
 
LOL, figured you might have, but just wanted to make sure. Be sure and keep us posted as the build progresses.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new