Buyer asking for refund after sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

FUNGI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys have absolutely no idea how bad some people can get. Nothing tops Amazon customers.

We once received a "Returned" "BioCube 16LED" that was actually an old coraline covered Oceanic BioCube 14. It had to have been close to 10 years old. Amazon said that the customer sent the item back and the weight and dimensions looked correct so they got a refund.

It is as if people think it is okay to steal from Amazon because it is a big company but many Amazon sellers are not a big operation. They are small family businesses just trying to pay the bills.
This sounds like Costco returns......my son works in that department and the stories he tells, you can make a sitcom out of it.....

Da Ghost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Now that the buyer is here, we should let the two of them try to sort it out while we watch and eat our popcorn.
It has been sorted out, if the unit works he will get it back as he sent it to me at my expense and life goes. He can sell it to someone else. I do not trust the unit as i have seen it. To be honest if he simply said dude my bad i forgot to fix that you can move it in place and it will be fine. I would have said how about i call and you walk me through it, but he was so tricky and almost blaming me that i did this to the unit KNOWING he would post it on here and all you would be like yeah Who does that. Ask yourself - WHY WAS A UNIT SENT WITHOUT THE FOUR MAIN BOTTOM SCREWS??

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scammers don't return items on their own dime so who knows what going on here. Honest mistake seems likely, but with both sides holding firm we will never know I guess.

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When people say ebay/paypal automatically side with buyer, that's partially true but they also automatically reverse things sometime. They tend to work sequentially without common sense.

Example. Sold a tennis racquet. Buyer tells me he hasn't gotten it and was likely stolen off his doorstep. Ebay sides with buyer in that he hasn't received it and then 3 days later automatically sides with me since there's proof of delivery.

On the topic of damage during transport. That's 100% on the seller. The seller can take it up with the transport company but as buyer pays for goods, if the goods arrive mangled that's not on the buyer. I've been on both ends of this. Very annoying but it's 100% not the buyers fault something shows up damaged.

Also ebay does not own paypal. They split in 2015.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I send a fully assembled unit and this is the pic the buyer sent me today. The dude put in a dispute before I even had a chance to respond. Who does that? I've been buying and selling with Paypal for over 20 years and never had a single problem until now. I buy and sell 10's of thousands yearly.

1700149065132.png
Sorry, I haven't read all 5 pages yet, but is the buyer really saying that he's not comfortable PUTTING THE PLASTIC BACK ON????

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is not the proper forum or venue for this discourse since it has turned into buyer/seller feedback. Please work out your issues via PM, email or feel free to create a feedback thread in the feedback forum here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back