Buyer asking for refund after sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I can't really blame Paypal for any of this. They are just a middle man of the transaction and affords the buyer protection which is needed. I have too much invested in Paypal to talk negatively about them lol
Respectfully disagree, but to each their own. Paypal had irrefutable proof it was delivered and signed by the buyer and they still refused to back me. Scum, pure scum.

YOYOYOReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't really blame Paypal for any of this. They are just a middle man of the transaction and affords the buyer protection which is needed. I have too much invested in Paypal to talk negatively about them lol
I cut their cord last year. Never have missed em. Wait till they hold up your other sales etc.

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
best 30 bucks I ever spent was blocking PayPal and eBay from my bank by telling the bank to ignore all their attempts to hit my account. money well spent
Might be something worth looking into. Didn’t know they could hit your account though. I thought they only had access to your PP balance

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sell boa constrictors at trade shows and sales suffer because I'm ignoring 98% of the population and fine with that because I know a few rotten apples will claim I didn't send, dead on arrival or some other lunacy. In person I prefer cash or cash like transactions. These credit processing merchants provide dishonest buyers with too much power. Why perhaps to some extend brick and mortar will survive or get revived. At a minimum trade shows should live on.

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently sold a Trident and the buyer messages me asking for a refund. Unit was fully assembled when I sent it. The buyer send me pictures of the entire unit disassembled. Not even sure why someone would do that. What would you do? It’s only $300 unit and not worth my time to fight
Sorry to hear this happened to you. I've followed your threads and you have always been a stand up guy. I would fight this. Having gone through this in a very similar, but reversed scenario, PayPal provided two weeks for the seller to respond to my claim. I think if you supported your case with screenshots of all communication, unit at time of shipping, timeliness of shipping, etc, you'll come out on top.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eBay owns PayPal, (or visa verse)
I remember when eBay had a more traditional approach to business but slowly they started eating the sellers alive and they raised fees which ultimately the buyer pays.

The feedback was to allow for informed purchases until they changed it into a method to increase fees to merchants who had low feedback scores.

I have not much nice to say about the corporate culture of San Francisco eBay. If Karma is real then perhaps the bums ruined the city as a result of the platform that was created there?

Good Morning Snow GIF by James Koroni

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I send a fully assembled unit and this is the pic the buyer sent me today. The dude put in a dispute before I even had a chance to respond. Who does that? I've been buying and selling with Paypal for over 20 years and never had a single problem until now. I buy and sell 10's of thousands yearly.

1700149065132.png
PayPal sucks for the seller. They take our money but only support the buyers. Like you I used PayPal since it's inception. I used to buy and sell a lot of things and have shipped items to all over the world. The end for me was when a buyer disputed a transaction 6 months after the sale. They ask for a partial refund because the item had a couple of finger prints so the buyer said it had been opened. If course it has been opened, I had images of it out of the box in the listing. I saw the writing on the wall. I had already drained my PayPal funds which I always did after every sale for this very reason. Unlinked my CC and bank account. PayPal issues the refund then thought I was going to pay them. Didn't happen. They turned me into collections, nothing became of it and I never paid them. I used to really enjoy selling online but for me it's no longer worth the aggravation.
Sorry for the rant but the crap PayPal does just angers me.

Da Ghost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The buyer is me and for anyone who i have bought from in the past you know this is utter ****. I may be guilty of low balling numbers, but receiving items and intentionally disassembling or removing the main screws (which does void warranty) is not my stick.
I am going through PayPal although he has since agreed to allow me to return the item and I am Paying the full return fee.

The item came without screws in the unit and items were missing. Later I realized i could not plug the unit in because there were no brains in the system. I did remove the already unscrewed lid and noticed the entire insides were upside down. WHY in the name of GOD would i buy a unit to destroy it??? Nevermind I just dropped close to 2k in the past few days on items to get another tank up and running. I have dealt with atleast six people and had ZERO issue less this. In fact, in all my years of reefing this is the first time i have ever experienced this in our community.

Da Ghost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Recently sold a Trident and the buyer messages me asking for a refund. Unit was fully assembled when I sent it. The buyer send me pictures of the entire unit disassembled. Not even sure why someone would do that. What would you do? It’s only $300 unit and not worth my time to fight
I have posted further down. The buyer was me. You can see my post on page 3.

19Mateo83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Revenge was buying the condo above our sketchy buyer. Then rented it out to some college kids that are apparently loud and like to party. I’m sleeping better ever since lol.
This is mastery of the art of revenge… I love it. Well played good sir!

Da Ghost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow I am amazed how i readthrough these posts. For those of you who do know me you know that i snot me or my style but it i shard to hear this so poorly mis portrayed. I am 52 years old, been in this hobby almost 35 plus years and i have ever experienced this type of ..... i don't really know what this is. But he can have his unit - THIS IS NOT WHAT I WAS PAYING FOR.

Here is the email were i first pointed out the screws and other items were missing. You be the judge. There are way easier ways to scam someone this is not it.

1700155828792.png

Da Ghost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He may have used your unit to remove an internal part and exchanged it for a unit that needed it.

Anytime you sell anything like this, make a video that shows that its working, then pack it while recording the video, and specify that the sale is final....

Too much scamming going on online. Sellers beware.
I did not he will get his unit back as it was shipped to me.

OP
OP
Tuan’s Reef

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
How is it possible to fit a disassembled Trident in that box? and with all the packing materials? Why would I even sell you a disassembled unit without disclosing it? Absolutely ridiculous

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eBay owns PayPal, (or visa verse)
I remember when eBay had a more traditional approach to business but slowly they started eating the sellers alive and they raised fees which ultimately the buyer pays.

The feedback was to allow for informed purchases until they changed it into a method to increase fees to merchants who had low feedback scores.

I have not much nice to say about the corporate culture of San Francisco eBay. If Karma is real then perhaps the bums ruined the city as a result of the platform that was created there?

Did my phone double post? I have no confidence in the platform

Last edited:

InsaneClownFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me play devil’s advocate since I don’t know either the seller or the buyer in this case.

Tuan, is there any possibility that a returned unit was mistakenly shipped out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back