Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sold a complete HOB Skimmer to someone, even went to his house to set it up. I had Modified it to make it work better and had installed a Sponge on the Outlet to eliminate the micro bubbles. It was cleaned with Citric Acid, and looked new. Complained about the Micro Bubble, told him he needed to squeeze the sponge, and let it condition itself. Didn’t hear anything else. Eight months later, wants a full refund. There was a different aquarium in the background. He brought the Skimmer to my house, pump and parts are missing. Came close to calling the cops.

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m now banned from eBay because the buyer pulled a stunt like this. My store was doing over 500 sales a month for 10 plus years but eBay backed a sketchy buyerover a solid seller.
How did you get banned? I would thing you would be able to dispute it and a the worst have to give a refund

YOYOYOReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried but they didn’t seem to want to listen to logic And to be honest it took me a whole day to switch to a different site. I only sell reef gear in person after my experience. Havevseveral g5 xr30s listed and everyone wants them shipped , no thanks come and get ‘em lol

sfg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
i used to sell a LOT on eBay and used Paypal. Over the years PayPal would get more inconsistent with their policies and enforcements to the point where I have sworn them both off. Paypal is the devil. They can hold your funds at will while looking into disputes that are clearly BS. And once you've gone through one of these issues its almost like your account is flagged and they continue to harass you.

Sorry to hear about your issue, hopefully you come out of this whole regarding your money.

TheSheff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth. I will be skipping anyone with a zero or bad feedback moving forward.
Sorry this happened to you. There are plenty of terrible people that have nothing better to do than steal money from people. Money is the root of all evil. I personally know multiple people that have been scammed out of $1,000+. It does seem that paypal is always going to side with the buyer.

RichReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no way Paypal will side with someone who disassembled the unit. There is no company out there that would issue a refund for this.

Readywriter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theres no shortage of people that are trash monsters. But there is something that Ive noticed that I made a rule to live by. When someone tries to screw me and I make it good instead of trying to get even with them they wind up getting theirs in a way thats worse than anything I could have done and I wind up with an inexplicable bout of good fortune. It seems counterintuitive but Id honor the scammers claim with a smile on my face knowing that it will somehow turn in my favor and that guy is going to get his.

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You wouldn’t believe what PayPal and eBay will do! Sold a new iPad via eBay and PayPal. Buyer said he didn’t receive it and immediately filed a dispute without talking to me. PayPal took my funds away without asking any questions.

Here is the zinger….I had pictures and proof of delivery signed by the scumbag himself. He filed a chargeback through his credit card company and PayPal said they always side with the credit card company regardless of proof.

I didn’t back down, and threatened PayPal that they didn’t honor their seller protection guarantee. It took 90 days, but I got my money back.

eBay and PayPal ARE evil. eBay won’t pay you for 24 hours or longer until after it’s delivered. Been a member in good standing for 24 years with zero disputes against me and still they favor buyers with zero feedback and 1 year or less membership.

The only way to protect yourself against all these scumbags eBay and PayPal included, is to stop doing business with them.

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth. I will be skipping anyone with a zero or bad feedback moving forward.
Thank you for pointing out I need to bug people I’ve bought from and sold to for feedback!

This is a scummy situation I hate so much that it’s an everyday thing.

OP
OP
Tuan’s Reef

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Theres no shortage of people that are trash monsters. But there is something that Ive noticed that I made a rule to live by. When someone tries to screw me and I make it good instead of trying to get even with them they wind up getting theirs in a way thats worse than anything I could have done and I wind up with an inexplicable bout of good fortune. It seems counterintuitive but Id honor the scammers claim with a smile on my face knowing that it will somehow turn in my favor and that guy is going to get his.

This is the approach I will most likely take. Karma's a B.

OP
OP
Tuan’s Reef

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I can't really blame Paypal for any of this. They are just a middle man of the transaction and affords the buyer protection which is needed. I have too much invested in Paypal to talk negatively about them lol

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't really blame Paypal for any of this. They are just a middle man of the transaction and affords the buyer protection which is needed. I have too much invested in Paypal to talk negatively about them lol
Buyer protection is needed, yes, but not at the expense of seller protection. It has to be both, not one or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back