Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Recently sold a Trident and the buyer messages me asking for a refund. Unit was fully assembled when I sent it. The buyer send me pictures of the entire unit disassembled. Not even sure why someone would do that. What would you do? It’s only $300 unit and not worth my time to fight

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently sold a Trident and the buyer messages me asking for a refund. Unit was fully assembled when I sent it. The buyer send me pictures of the entire unit disassembled. Not even sure why someone would do that. What would you do? It’s only $300 unit and not worth my time to fight
Sounds like they want the money and the Trident. May be a different Trident pictured. They will most likely file a claim regardless, and get their money back either way.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell them to go pound salt. Keep pics of before and after. It's a matter of principle IMO. If you let them screw you they will continue to do it to others. Stories like this are why I stopped selling online. Way too many self centered idiots these days.

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dude has the gall to say he is not comfortable reassembling a unit he himself took apart. what the heck?

Sounds like they want the money and the Trident. May be a different Trident pictured. They will most likely file a claim regardless, and get their money back either way.
that’s what I’m thinking, different unit and or they used parts to renew their own

OP
OP
Tuan’s Reef

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I send a fully assembled unit and this is the pic the buyer sent me today. The dude put in a dispute before I even had a chance to respond. Who does that? I've been buying and selling with Paypal for over 20 years and never had a single problem until now. I buy and sell 10's of thousands yearly.

1700149065132.png

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super frustrating. You have to sell as “goods and services“ which gives all the protection to the buyer and none to the seller it seems.

I’ve been on both sides of it though, so I don’t know what the answer is.

neonreef3d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
He may have used your unit to remove an internal part and exchanged it for a unit that needed it.

Anytime you sell anything like this, make a video that shows that its working, then pack it while recording the video, and specify that the sale is final....

Too much scamming going on online. Sellers beware.

OP
OP
Tuan’s Reef

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Who would even consider to buy the unit above in that state? I wouldn't pay $50 for a disassembled unit like this. Unbelievable

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate the thought of having to deal with PayPal on any kind of claim. Do they take money from your account if a claim is made against you?

YOYOYOReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m now banned from eBay because the buyer pulled a stunt like this. My store was doing over 500 sales a month for 10 plus years but eBay backed a sketchy buyerover a solid seller.

OP
OP
Tuan’s Reef

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I believe the buyer bought my unit and swap it out with his broken parts. How would all that stuff fit in a box that is just big enough to hold a fully assembled unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back