Buyer asking for refund after sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Ghost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry this happened to you. There are plenty of terrible people that have nothing better to do than steal money from people. Money is the root of all evil. I personally know multiple people that have been scammed out of $1,000+. It does seem that paypal is always going to side with the buyer.
WOW you too - i wish people would ask more questions. Please do see my post to him. It is very very obvious what he did here by removing the screws and turning the brains upside down. There was NO way to use it. Hence why he can have it back and see l it to the next person. i do not doubt that the unit works - HOWEVER I do not want to pay 310 for something i have to play around with because someone was trying to be cute on a sale.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently sold a Trident and the buyer messages me asking for a refund. Unit was fully assembled when I sent it. The buyer send me pictures of the entire unit disassembled. Not even sure why someone would do that. What would you do? It’s only $300 unit and not worth my time to fight
You sound like you've answered your own question.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is wild. I guess if I buy used equipment moving forward I'll be filming unboxing videos.

OP
OP
Tuan’s Reef

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Let me play devil’s advocate since I don’t know either the seller or the buyer in this case.

Tuan, is there any possibility that a returned unit was mistakenly shipped out?

Absolutely not. I am not a reseller. I only have 1 unit. I am not in this hobby to make any money or to scam anyone. $300 means nothing to me

Da Ghost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Let me play devil’s advocate since I don’t know either the seller or the buyer in this case.

Tuan, is there any possibility that a returned unit was mistakenly shipped out?
Thank you for playing devils advocate. The unit was sealed perfectly and everything looked great till I opened the box. It was not what i had anticipated. The first thing i did notice was the front screen was off - no biggie they fall off all the time. However, to notice all four screws were missing was my first red flag and that is when i emailed him. The rest is history.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW you too - i wish people would ask more questions. Please do see my post to him. It is very very obvious what he did here by removing the screws and turning the brains upside down. There was NO way to use it. Hence why he can have it back and see l it to the next person. i do not doubt that the unit works - HOWEVER I do not want to pay 310 for something i have to play around with because someone was trying to be cute on a sale.
You just showed up to the thread, don't be offended by comments prior to your explanation. Unfortunately your post/messages doesn't really prove anything. Someone made a mistake or is not being truthful here though.

thedon986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thank you for playing devils advocate. The unit was sealed perfectly and everything looked great till I opened the box. It was not what i had anticipated. The first thing i did notice was the front screen was off - no biggie they fall off all the time. However, to notice all four screws were missing was my first red flag and that is when i emailed him. The rest is history.
Your first message sent to him was that the entire unit came disassembled. Or did it only come with the bottom screws missing and you took the cover off and messed around inside? Your statements do not add up.

Edit: Also, I bought a used one and the front board that holds the cuvette was loose, as it is only held in place by friction brackets. Stuff can move around and come loose in shipping and that is not the sellers fault. The Trident is a very hands on device that requires knowledge of how everything works in there in order to keep it running properly. You should know that and use this as a lesson to learn the ins and outs of the unit and you will be fine to keep it.

Da Ghost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Post his screen name so we know not to sell to him
My screen name is Da Ghost and i have post below. I have never scammed anyone and have no intention of that. The item came in a condition that i did not expect. Please read through the other posts to see what I am talking about.

Da Ghost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You're first message sent to him was that the entire unit came disassembled. Or did it only come with the bottom screws missing and you took the cover off and messed around inside? Your statements do not add up.
The bottom screws were missing please read my screen shots. if you know Trident once you remove the four screws two things happen. the unit warranty is void and the top cover literally will not stay on. for those of you who own one you know exactly what i am talking about. The brains inside are literally upside down. I did try to give him an out and say maybe it happened in transit - However again for those of you who own one you know the inside cannot turn 180 degrees unless you manually move it (period) AND I did not manually move - it arrived to me in that condition.

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys have absolutely no idea how bad some people can get. Nothing tops Amazon customers.

We once received a "Returned" "BioCube 16LED" that was actually an old coraline covered Oceanic BioCube 14. It had to have been close to 10 years old. Amazon said that the customer sent the item back and the weight and dimensions looked correct so they got a refund.

It is as if people think it is okay to steal from Amazon because it is a big company but many Amazon sellers are not a big operation. They are small family businesses just trying to pay the bills.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no way Paypal will side with someone who disassembled the unit. There is no company out there that would issue a refund for this.
They side with the buyer 99.9% of the time. I watched several videos on youtube by a guy that was going thru a scam. He sold close to $4k in sports cards to a guy. The guy filed for a refund claim with paypal before the package was even delivered. Paypal sided with the buyer even though the seller had all kind of evidence he had been scammed. The person had paid with a credit card thru paypal and the last video I saw he was able to get the credit card company to agree it was a scam and they were going to give the seller his money back. Unfortunately the seller had to spend many hours fighting something that was obviously a scam.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can't buy a car....take it apart and expect the dealer to refund you because you can't put it back together.

Rp8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1700157019621.gif

thedon986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The bottom screws were missing please read my screen shots. if you know Trident once you remove the four screws two things happen. the unit warranty is void and the top cover literally will not stay on. for those of you who own one you know exactly what i am talking about. The brains inside are literally upside down. I did try to give him an out and say maybe it happened in transit - However again for those of you who own one you know the inside cannot turn 180 degrees unless you manually move it (period) AND I did not manually move - it arrived to me in that condition.
Removing the bottom screws do not void the warranty. Neptune sells a DIY Service Kit which requires you to disassemble nearly the entire to complete it. My used trident came with this kit and I serviced it myself. Either way the unit is past the factory warranty so not sure why that even matters and I'm pretty sure the warranty is not transferable to a second buyer. Also, the top cover stays on fine with out the screws, when servicing my unit it was a struggle to release the tension and remove the top cover up and out of the way.

Again, you stated it came disassembled and now you are saying it came with the feet missing. Which is it?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that the buyer is here, we should let the two of them try to sort it out while we watch and eat our popcorn. Piling on is going to get this thread closed.

Da Ghost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any possibility of the shipper mishandling the package and/or opening the box prior to delivery?

Good on the buyer to speak up. I’m sure he’s a good person and there’s a reasonable explanation somewhere
I have spoken up and i will continue to speak up. I have ZERO to hide. The unit was shipped without the four screws, the unit was missing the screw on lids and the other 3d printed items. The units brains were literally UPSIDE DOWN. I could NOT plug the unit in PERIOD. Maybe it turned in transit, BUT i seriously doubt that and take it rather personal as I have never duped anyone on this board and have bought many items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 146 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back