Buying better lights need help!

Juniorh2r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently running red sea reef led 90s with noopsye 48" t5 hybrid. Tank is red sea 425xl mixed reef sps dominant. The red sea lights always give me problems yes they are affordable and they are OK but there's always an issue. Now my question is radions which and how many? Or Neptune sky? Do I keep running the t5s if I upgrade or no? All input will be appreciated! Thanks in advanced!

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The new K7 V3 lights I just got from @noopsyche are really good and affordable in my opinion. Best of luck, lots of lights and lots of opinions

Brucealmighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently running red sea reef led 90s with noopsye 48" t5 hybrid. Tank is red sea 425xl mixed reef sps dominant. The red sea lights always give me problems yes they are affordable and they are OK but there's always an issue. Now my question is radions which and how many? Or Neptune sky? Do I keep running the t5s if I upgrade or no? All input will be appreciated! Thanks in advanced!
What problems do you have with the red sea led's? I have seen the maintenance videos on the lights and maybe possible to upgrade them with led's of your own specifications?

OP
OP
Juniorh2r

Juniorh2r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What problems do you have with the red sea led's? I have seen the maintenance videos on the lights and maybe possible to upgrade them with led's of your own specifications?
When the power goes out I have to reset them but one of the lights won't connect and the red light keeps blinking and will not connect I forgot how I did it last time!

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've got the 90's on a 65 and the 50 on a nano. No issues that I've had and I get the growth and color I desire out of mine.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When the power goes out I have to reset them but one of the lights won't connect and the red light keeps blinking and will not connect I forgot how I did it last time!

Have you contacted red sea and are you using the mist up to date firmware version?

Are yours setup for online or offline mode? I had some issues with my 50 when I had it in offline mode.

Brucealmighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah I agree they are a major pain in the hmmmm for resetting and changing anything but I find them affective although I have the big brothers 160s on a 35 inch deep tank.

OP
OP
Juniorh2r

Juniorh2r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my light is connected with no problem the other one that won't connect just has a red blinking light but will not connect this has happened before just can't remember how.

OP
OP
Juniorh2r

Juniorh2r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK I found the thread about opening up the light and leaving it disconnected hopefully that works!

Brucealmighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it seems they've made it almost degree level to understand how to set up the light and then linking them together and changing anything once set up, I got a new coral so decided to put it onto cloudy for a while and bring it back to the normal over a few days it took over two hours for the app to open and realise it had lights, it kept on giving the message no program is running or something like that, I eventually went to bed to see if they would be fixed by morning luckily they were else I would be saying many more not so nice things but joking aside I'm pleased with the job they do

OP
OP
Juniorh2r

Juniorh2r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes no complaints on them doing what they are supposed to do but I do also run t5s . my issue is just the headache of taking apart the whole light every time the power goes out for a few seconds!

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had any power interruptions with mine, so I can't speak to that situation. Hopefully your issue gets resolved I would try reaching out to Red Sea they helped me with my connection issues on the 50 and once sorted I haven't had any further problems.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep reading good things about these (minus controller). Also the Smatfarm that has been mentioned seems pretty good as well. Time will tell how well things start growing in the newly setup frag tank.
I have been using them on my tank for a little over two months. Outside of the Janky controller (which you stop caring about after you get up and running), I put these on par (pun intended) with the G5 Radion XR15s that I sold shortly after I got my @noopsyche lights. They are outstanding and probably the best value in lighting if you dont want the bells and whistles of some iphone app. In combination with my AquaticLife hybrid's T5s..tank is awesome!!

OP
OP
Juniorh2r

Juniorh2r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using them on my tank for a little over two months. Outside of the Janky controller (which you stop caring about after you get up and running), I put these on par (pun intended) with the G5 Radion XR15s that I sold shortly after I got my @noopsyche lights. They are outstanding and probably the best value in lighting if you dont want the bells and whistles of some iphone app. In combination with my AquaticLife hybrid's T5s..tank is awesome!!
Does it have preset programs already? An+ possible on them?

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it have preset programs already? An+ possible on them?
It has a preset but I would honestly adjust it downwards. Having 140 watts blasting at 95% could cause some pain to your corals. More than happy to share my schedule with you but it is not that difficult. Will take you 5-10 minutes to program what you like...even if it is just taking their presents and ratcheting down the individual channels proportionantely.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back