CADE 1200 Peninsula 20 years in the making

WhiteBeltReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updates:

Had to modify the shelf in the chiller compartment of the stand to allow it to fit. Circular saw made quick work of it. The way it came from the factory was not at all serviceable. CADE/Algae Barn tried to fix it by sending new plumbing, Adam from CADE thought the drain plumbing was not to spec based on the pictures I provided. This didn’t fix the issue unfortunately. Thanks to @Reefer911 for helping with troubleshooting, as he had the same issue with his tank.

Do you have pics of the shelf mod? I'm having the same issue with my Cade 1200P

OP
OP
C

canjosh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll try to get some pics tomorrow. But essentially I cut the shelf lengthwise to fit and moved the little suction type mounts accordingly. Had to drill new holes for those mounts. If you bought from AlgaeBarn, you should let them know about it. Or perhaps post on the CADE FB page. AlgaeBarn seemed to think it was a one-off problem, but you’d be at least the third I’m aware of including my tank.
I also need to post a general progress update so thanks for reminding me

OP
OP
C

canjosh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1159.jpeg

Orange glasses for scale

IMG_1160.jpeg

You can see where the previous factory installed hole was to the right, over the cutout

I’m sure there is a more elegant solution, but this was effective in that it at least gave me a usable storage shelf.

OP
OP
C

canjosh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overall, things are going pretty well. Have been taking my time with livestock, currently have a couple of Banggai, Royal Gramma, and most recently a Midas blenny (who claimed a perch next to the autofeeder), Yasha goby, and I thought I’d give a Court Jester Goby a shot, he is a mesmerizing fish to watch. I also got an absolutely tiny pistol shrimp, he and the Yasha goby entered the rock work within 6 inches of each other, but no sign of the shrimp at all. Wondering if he didn’t make it.

All the fish have been sourced from a local business, Dr Reef’s quarantined fish! All fish have arrived healthy, no losses. Got a gift card from the wife for Dr Reef’s, so my next order will be from them as well.

Corals and CUC have been sourced from my LFS. A couple hammers, the 2 acans, and a ricordea Florida.

I have a ton of pods, some from LFS and lots more from @Dinkins Aquatic Gardens along with their phyto. The uglies thus far have been kept to a minimum. For now I’ll attribute that to establishing a lot of pods right at the end of the cycle, and the fact that I’ve managed to keep the nutrients from bottoming out.

I think the next thing for the tank is going to be a CO2 scrubber. Can’t get pH above 7.8.
Also ordered a lid from TopLids, should be done in the next couple weeks if their estimate was correct.

In terms of fish, I’m thinking about a couple of wrasses, but honestly overwhelmed with all the choices. Wife and kids say the water column needs more fish moving through it, which to me sounds like wrasses and maybe a single tang. Not sure yet. Been waiting on more algae to pull the tang trigger honestly.

IMG_1097.jpeg
IMG_1222.jpeg
IMG_1496.jpeg

IMG_1488.jpeg

IMG_1396.jpeg

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overall, things are going pretty well. Have been taking my time with livestock, currently have a couple of Banggai, Royal Gramma, and most recently a Midas blenny (who claimed a perch next to the autofeeder), Yasha goby, and I thought I’d give a Court Jester Goby a shot, he is a mesmerizing fish to watch. I also got an absolutely tiny pistol shrimp, he and the Yasha goby entered the rock work within 6 inches of each other, but no sign of the shrimp at all. Wondering if he didn’t make it.

All the fish have been sourced from a local business, Dr Reef’s quarantined fish! All fish have arrived healthy, no losses. Got a gift card from the wife for Dr Reef’s, so my next order will be from them as well.

Corals and CUC have been sourced from my LFS. A couple hammers, the 2 acans, and a ricordea Florida.

I have a ton of pods, some from LFS and lots more from @Dinkins Aquatic Gardens along with their phyto. The uglies thus far have been kept to a minimum. For now I’ll attribute that to establishing a lot of pods right at the end of the cycle, and the fact that I’ve managed to keep the nutrients from bottoming out.

I think the next thing for the tank is going to be a CO2 scrubber. Can’t get pH above 7.8.
Also ordered a lid from TopLids, should be done in the next couple weeks if their estimate was correct.

In terms of fish, I’m thinking about a couple of wrasses, but honestly overwhelmed with all the choices. Wife and kids say the water column needs more fish moving through it, which to me sounds like wrasses and maybe a single tang. Not sure yet. Been waiting on more algae to pull the tang trigger honestly.

IMG_1097.jpeg
IMG_1222.jpeg
IMG_1496.jpeg

IMG_1488.jpeg

IMG_1396.jpeg
Your corals are looking great!

LBCBJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_1097.jpeg
IMG_1222.jpeg
IMG_1496.jpeg

IMG_1488.jpeg

IMG_1396.jpeg
Nice to see things coming along! With the 1200 you’ll have plentyyy of room for more fish as it breaks in. A nice school of chromis or anthias, tangs…sky is the limit :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 55.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back