Cade 2100 Build Thread (Melbourne, Australia)

Still cycling at the moment, bit of an algae bloom, but slowly clearing. I’ve almost filled all the media baskets with seachem matrix which I think has helped.
 
IMG_3410.jpeg
 
Hey folks,

Tank is getting more and more stable. Went through a very ugly stage, but I think it's finally getting better. I don't do too many water changes, just a few very small ones here and there.

I tried running a reactor for a while but didn't reall like it. So instead, I purchased a cheap PopBloom Refuguim light which I believe is working (only been a week or two). Actually pretty good for it's price ($89 AUD!).
I run the lights opposite times to the Radions.

Added a lawnmower blenny and a scopas tang recently. I think it's time for some corals now! I haven't installed the third Gen4 Ecotech yet either, but not in rush yet. Running the lights from 12pm to 8pm at lower intensity - this helped the algae bloom clear up.

unnamed (2).jpg 2.jpg 1.jpg refugium.jpg
 
Thought I'd report back, it's been a while. The refugium didn't really go as planned, I've since removed it all. I added a Red Sea Reefmat 1200 Rollermat, and added the 3rd Ecotech light. The Reefmat is amazing, very satisfying hearing it rotate once it's filled :D

I had a bit of a green hair algae problem, so added a Kole Tang, and I also added a Christmas Wrasse (hides pretty much the whole time!). A sand-sifting starfish has also helped.

Realised my RO/DI needed replacement too, which may be the cause of the algae.

Just BAU mode at the moment, maintaining Alkalinity at 8.4 and Calcium at 420.
 

Attachments

  • unnamed (4).jpg
    unnamed (4).jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 48
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 40

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new