Cade Chaos Grimoire

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooooooo thc gives me migranes. It's weird, I've tried every format under the sun, does not help.

Tried cbd instead, I have to take like 3 full dropper vials of the 2500mg stuff to even try to make a dent in it, and still found myself waking up throughout the night - just not quite as excessively.
I wonder how CBN orally would translate.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder how CBN orally would translate.
I'd have to find all the right seasonings.... And a bigger cauldron.

Screenshot_20230111-101146.png

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CBN is the stage of natural cannabinoid maturity where THC has broken down to be non-psychoactive.

When taking orally, it is processed by the liver and converted to a much stronger melatonin like substance.
I'm sorry, but you used a bad word there. That immediately sketches me out about it. Melatonin has the absolute adverse effect when I take it.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean this in the kindest way.

Have you tried going off alcohol and caffeine completely and increase exercise, good nutrition, plenty of water, and being outdoors a little more during exercise? I know that is a big lifestyle change to attempt given your very stressful and busy work setting.

Also separate bedrooms when your partner snores? My wife and I have an extra room so we can just wander in and go to sleep if the noise level gets in the way of sleep. It also helps if one of you is tossing and turning.

In my own experience I sleep better when I am not drinking any caffeine. Also watch out for sugar substitutes as they are more than a problem for many people. Many people have some of the symptoms you describe from sugar substitutes. I currently limit my coffee intake to one cup in the morning and none the rest of the day. I also avoid alcohol and sodas. I discovered 40 years ago that my alcohol consumption was killing my friendships and I had to stop. My family history includes alcoholism and there is a genetic component to that.

No judgements just some life experience from an old guy. Hope your day is better today and tomorrow!

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry, but you used a bad word there. That immediately sketches me out about it. Melatonin has the absolute adverse effect when I take it.
The chemical is completely different than melatonin. The effects are what I was calling melatonin like. They effectuate on completely different receptors in different parts of the brain.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean this in the kindest way.

Have you tried going off alcohol and caffeine completely and increase exercise, good nutrition, plenty of water, and being outdoors a little more during exercise? I know that is a big lifestyle change to attempt given your very stressful and busy work setting.

Also separate bedrooms when your partner snores? My wife and I have an extra room so we can just wander in and go to sleep if the noise level gets in the way. It also helps if one of you is tossing and turning.

In my own experience I sleep better when I am not drinking any caffeine. Also watch out for sugar substitutes as they are more than a problem for many people. Many people have some of the symptoms you describe from sugar substitutes. I currently limit my coffee intake to one cup in the morning and none the rest of the day. I also avoid alcohol and sodas. I discovered 40 years ago that my alcohol consumption was killing my friendships and I had to stop. My family history includes alcoholism and there is a genetic component to that.

No judgements just some life experience from an old guy. Hope your day is better today and tomorrow!
I only drink coffee (or caffeinated teas) in the morning - albeit I do drink a lot of it but I cut myself off around 10am, I drink water 95% of my day. Tons of water. I don't drink soda, so nothing with those sugar substitutes either. Most of the time, if I want something that isn't water in the evening, I'll drink mint teas which aren't caffeinated. I do drink a glass or two of beer or wine probably 3 of 7 nights a week unless I have extra time off, then more often. Through careful monitoring, I've noticed that my heart rate is definitely elevated if I drink alcohol OR eat within like 3 hours of when I try to go to bed, so I watch times and go from there.

Dog gets an hour walk every morning through the park near us. I'm averaging 12k steps a day without including that walk because of the way work is for me. It is definitely not a desk job. I do want a rowing machine when I have the space for it though, that's in the post move plans.

One of the other plans in the new house we're building is a good bed in the spare room, not a garbage cheap mattress like many do for that exact reason. Sometimes the problem is his snoring, I wake up from whatever spasm and then can't fall asleep because I can hear him. I also wake myself up with my tossing and turning. He sleeps through it all. But this way, I can relocate when he is contributing to the problem - I do however feel like it'll be me relocating and just staying awake over there instead.

None of that addresses the fact that anti-inflammatories are what actually do help me sleep. Naproxen specifically. Doesn't make me drowsy but does help me stay asleep longer and not wake up in pain.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The chemical is completely different than melatonin. The effects are what I was calling melatonin like. They effectuate on completely different receptors in different parts of the brain.
still seems sus, idk how melatonin works for a normal human, but any time i've taken it - I wake up even more often than when I don't. Like, we're talking sleep for 10 min at a time. anything with "melatonin like effects" just makes me think that.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also my phone camera memories just popped up to remind me I started saltwater 5 years ago last week with a sad neglected 20g tank from a friend. It included 2 of my clowns and my royal gramma. They've all 3 moved from the 20 to a 90 to the cade to the cube now and will move along with to the custom (well, maybe on the clowns....)

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only drink coffee (or caffeinated teas) in the morning - albeit I do drink a lot of it but I cut myself off around 10am, I drink water 95% of my day. Tons of water. I don't drink soda, so nothing with those sugar substitutes either. Most of the time, if I want something that isn't water in the evening, I'll drink mint teas which aren't caffeinated. I do drink a glass or two of beer or wine probably 3 of 7 nights a week unless I have extra time off, then more often. Through careful monitoring, I've noticed that my heart rate is definitely elevated if I drink alcohol OR eat within like 3 hours of when I try to go to bed, so I watch times and go from there.

Dog gets an hour walk every morning through the park near us. I'm averaging 12k steps a day without including that walk because of the way work is for me. It is definitely not a desk job. I do want a rowing machine when I have the space for it though, that's in the post move plans.

One of the other plans in the new house we're building is a good bed in the spare room, not a garbage cheap mattress like many do for that exact reason. Sometimes the problem is his snoring, I wake up from whatever spasm and then can't fall asleep because I can hear him. I also wake myself up with my tossing and turning. He sleeps through it all. But this way, I can relocate when he is contributing to the problem - I do however feel like it'll be me relocating and just staying awake over there instead.

None of that addresses the fact that anti-inflammatories are what actually do help me sleep. Naproxen specifically. Doesn't make me drowsy but does help me stay asleep longer and not wake up in pain.
Have you talked to your doctor about a possible histamine intolerance? It can cause an inflammatory response.

This might explain why the anti-inflamatory meds help you sleep. The last part I don't know if it is true because I am not a doctor, but it could be worth looking into having tested with your doctor.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you talked to your doctor about a possible histamine intolerance? It can cause an inflammatory response.

This might explain why the anti-inflamatory meds help you sleep. The last part I don't know if it is true because I am not a doctor, but it could be worth looking into having tested with your doctor.
Worth looking into. Might be a better question for my primary instead of my sleep dr though? I have my annual coming up Feb 1st anyway. I do have a history of atrocious sinus issues and live a life of headaches and migraines. BUT, my ENT also says I have extremely narrow sinus passages, and with the slightest bit of inflammation from my sinuses he cannot even scope them. I lived on antihistamines for at least 20 years of my life, did allergy testing a few years ago, found out I'm extremely allergic to roaches and 2 species of dust mites (all 3 of these prevalent in fl). Started doing allergy drops, stopped taking antihistamines every day of my life - believe it or not, my sleep got better once I got through antihistamine withdrawal (yeah that's a real thing too).

DrGoogle says one of the treatments is antihistamine though and I will say, the first thing they tried was hydroxyzine that was a strong antihistamine that was also supposed to reduce anxiety (not my problem) and cause drowsiness, they told me take that, if it doesn't help I could do up to 3x the dosage. I was supposed to feel draining from my sinuses at the very least. I felt nothing. Not even that, even at 3x. But again, 3x Benadryl doesn't make me drowsy either.

Last edited:

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know logically what the next step needs to be, I just don't want to pay for an MRI right now because I know, even with insurance, it's gonna cost out the butt.
I hope you are able to get to the bottom of it. It's definitely a good idea run any tests to rule things out. However, I feel your pain with not wanting to spend the funds. Admittedly I tend to go the natural route and try to control issues with foods, herbs and vitamins. So if I had an inflammatory issue, I try to incorporate a lot of inflammatory foods and herbs into my diet ( ginger is great one). I think my "flu bomb" you all like you give me a hard time about is a true testament to how far I will go to not go the RX route. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing::rolling-on-the-floor-laughing::rolling-on-the-floor-laughing::rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: . I have a history of being overmedicated by some physicians. Then being prescribed more pills, to deal with the side effects of those pills. It wasn't working for me. I do take prescribe medicine when needed for something acute or severe, but I am always trying to research ways to help manage it going forward without the medicine once things get back under control. Obviously my experience does not translate to others peoples illnesses. ;) I have never had to battle anything severe yet. I really hope you get some answers. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple photos to prove I have a tank.

Lantern basslet
PXL_20230111_170506622.jpg

New common rfa #1
PXL_20230111_170454959.jpg

#2 just kinda melts into the rocks, I actually love it.
PXL_20230111_170437761.jpg

PXL_20230111_170413220.jpg
I love the one on the rock. I have been too intimated to the try this on my own. I'll probably chicken out and go with the sand bed placement for all of mine. :face-with-rolling-eyes:

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know logically what the next step needs to be, I just don't want to pay for an MRI right now because I know, even with insurance, it's gonna cost out the butt.
If you go to a non doc / hospital type of place the charges arjt nearly as much and insurance covers more of the cost

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back