Cade Chaos Grimoire

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The biggest thing is to take anything one says about the other with about a 5lb bag worth of grains of salt.... and to make sure you're testing for anything you're dosing. Some things obviously will run the risk of toxicity - like iodine. But that's the case no matter who you run the elements from, and at least this way you're dosing to your specific tanks needs instead of some all in one that risks running you too high in something your tank doesn't need.
Will do! Thank you for the advice. I’ll definitely take it. It looks like Kathy and I will be moving into a one bedroom apartment out here in May or June, assuming the person who is moving out actually follows through with it. We have little reason to think they won’t so a very large water change will likely be done when I move the system. After that, moonshiners all the way!

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do! Thank you for the advice. I’ll definitely take it. It looks like Kathy and I will be moving into a one bedroom apartment out here in May or June, assuming the person who is moving out actually follows through with it. We have little reason to think they won’t so a very large water change will likely be done when I move the system. After that, moonshine’s all the way!
Just don't ask questions on their FB group, use the search function there instead to find answers - or ask around here. For whatever reason about 75% of that community is atrocious :rolleyes:

And don't order anything until you know you actually need it. There's about 4 elements I've never needed to order because my tank just never consumed it.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today's plans got cancelled - I'm not terribly upset, it's the last day of vacation.

Going to do some tank stuff:

Need to change the filter roller
Harvest ats
Pick up the 2 gorgs and neon sinularia that CONTINUE to get knocked around by hermits
secure them in?
Harvest pods and phyto
Start another bbs batch
Test alk/cal/mag??

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today's plans got cancelled - I'm not terribly upset, it's the last day of vacation.

Going to do some tank stuff:

Need to change the filter roller
Harvest ats
Pick up the 2 gorgs and neon sinularia that CONTINUE to get knocked around by hermits

secure them in?
Harvest pods and phyto
Start another bbs batch

Test alk/cal/mag??
Progress... I secured nothing yet, nor did I test. I did find a stinky box body to remove though....

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to say that your Tonga rock is beautiful! Been collecting for years just to have a small structure.
TY, wish I could say it was all real, just one piece you can barely see is.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way! Ok, what did you use?
I got "real reef fancy branch rock" which is sold by the lb w/ a minimum 5lb purchase, these two branches were only 5lb. I waited until I had a bunch of rewards points saved up too.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picking up a quail cage after my Dr appt on Wednesday.

My metamorphosis into crazy backyard bird witch begins soon.

Egg Cooking GIF by HBO Max

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
For eating or raising? Lol
Yes. We raised Jumbo Coturnix for dual purpose. My intention this last time was to have eggs for eating, eggs for hatching, and quail for both eating and feeding my dogs. We lost two dogs to cancer within 6 months - one was only 4 years old. We did a little research and decided to start feeding natural, so they get raw meat like a coyote or wolf would. They've all been healthy and happy since then so we've kept at it. Quail would have been an inexpensive answer to that but summer hit and we lost all of them overnight while we were out of town for my Grandma's funeral. We're eventually going to get some more, we just haven't yet.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. We raised Jumbo Coturnix for dual purpose. My intention this last time was to have eggs for eating, eggs for hatching, and quail for both eating and feeding my dogs. We lost two dogs to cancer within 6 months - one was only 4 years old. We did a little research and decided to start feeding natural, so they get raw meat like a coyote or wolf would. They've all been healthy and happy since then so we've kept at it. Quail would have been an inexpensive answer to that but summer hit and we lost all of them overnight while we were out of town for my Grandma's funeral. We're eventually going to get some more, we just haven't yet.
Any tips? We want them for eggs for us and the dog. Haven't decided on the meat factor for us or the dog yet though.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Any tips? We want them for eggs for us and the dog. Haven't decided on the meat factor for us or the dog yet though.
Shade when it's hot. They can handle the cool weather you and I get but they don't do overly well in the heat - no direct sunlight.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 80 47.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back