OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought some dry, wasn't sure how my fish will like it so I didn't want to buy a ton. Once I get around to the big tank I can just use the rest for sand - I don't want to sit on it until then though.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I bought some dry, wasn't sure how my fish will like it so I didn't want to buy a ton. Once I get around to the big tank I can just use the rest for sand - I don't want to sit on it until then though.
I bought Ocean Nutrition flakes and pellets - Formula 1 and 2 - because it's what my fish already eat. I also bought dry magnesium sulfate and magnesium chloride for supplements.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tiny wrasse

1709504807096.png

Tank with the SAME 2 CORALS FALLING OVER EVERY DAY

1709504840795.png

V large natural toned rfa - they seem to like bright light more than the ultra colorful ones... mine always walk up
1709504863852.png

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It just occurred to me I never got any communication past asking for my address from winning the Jan thing :thinking-face:

Anyway, test came back wild - considering I have dosed with nothing but snow phyto pods and rotifers.

Zinc is making it through from the well to the rodi unit. Only zinc.

Calcium and alk too high, but I knew that part already - even though I haven't dosed.

Iodine reading at 153.2 :astonished-face: I don't think I even unpacked that supplement.

Nickel, Vanadium, Zinc all picked up in my tank water at elevated levels as well. Though, the zinc not nearly as high there as in the rodi sample

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pump just "shipped", who knows when it'll arrive. LA sure took their time to ship hard goods as well, probably had to find them.

Still need to order weld-on :rolleyes:

Last edited:

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Pump just shipped, who knows when it'll arrive. LA sure took their time to ship hard goods as well, probably had to find them.

Still need to order weld-on :rolleyes:
Mine "shipped " this weekend. Still hasn't made it to the post office yet.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine "shipped " this weekend. Still hasn't made it to the post office yet.
I corrected, my pump got a tracking number - you're right who knows when it'll make it to the post office.

I haven't rushed to order the weld-on yet because I still have no idea where I'm going to be putting this tank

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My tracking ETA reads Saturday delivery expected, I think.....
I think there were 5 spots left when I ordered so I'm at the end of the shipping list.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine's going to be a Betta tank.
I thought about betta.... but I haven't committed to anything yet, I also considered pulling my minimaxi rock & Buddha back out of this cube and popping them in there together - they came out of my 4g pico

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1st shine correction day. Magnesium which I've been neglecting but knew I needed to do.... Bromine, Boron, Flouride and I guess I'll finally start dailies.

I do need to order mud again, it spilled in storage. That's the only thing I didn't already have.

Looking at trends from my old tank, it's ALWAYS bromine, boron, flouride for me. I wonder if the gorgs and leathers are the reason? Or does everyone's tank suck that up? @Stang67 what are your trends?

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1st shine correction day. Magnesium which I've been neglecting but knew I needed to do.... Bromine, Boron, Flouride and I guess I'll finally start dailies.

I do need to order mud again, it spilled in storage. That's the only thing I didn't already have.

Looking at trends from my old tank, it's ALWAYS bromine, boron, flouride for me. I wonder if the gorgs and leathers are the reason? Or does everyone's tank suck that up? @Stang67 what are your trends?
Barium and flourine/fluoride. Are the 2 main ones. I missed the fine print on the dosing calculator about the tank being a Barium sponge so i went through almost half a bottle this month to double dose it up. Bromine is/was a bit high bc I was using the Brightwell alk and ca additives. I have since switched over to BRS so hopefully that will get them in check.
Going to send another test out in a week or so to see where I am at now.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank, weldon, and pump all scheduled to arrive Saturday.

Sunday I might start working on it? I'm not sure. We have a bird pickup to do and IDK what else yet, looks like it might rain again :rolleyes:

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got an array of glue dispensing things coming today. Bottles and syringe types with various sized blunt tips. I figured the syringe types would be more control but if I hated it I have bottles as backup.

I did this for my AIO part on my big tank, and I had drips from the bottle applicator before.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240307-061506.png
    Screenshot_20240307-061506.png
    289.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20240307-061521.png
    Screenshot_20240307-061521.png
    279.6 KB · Views: 8

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back