Calcium Reactors

  • Thread starter Thread starter DusReefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DusReefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2018
Messages
10
Reaction score
4
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers,

Hoping you can help me out - I recently bought the Pacific Sun Pro v2 Calcium Reactor w/ optical sensor (LINK) filled the main chamber with DaStaCO2 Pro Cal PURE Media (LINK) and the degassing chamber with Two Little Fishies Reborn aragonite media (went this route due to the lower PH due to it being a fully saturated solution).

My question for two-part:
- Does anyone have experience with this system - it's been next to impossible to find any good videos or long term testimonials in English and from the US?

- Switching from 2-part to Ca rx- Using the Reef Diesyst calculator (LINK) it assumes an effluent per min (for example), however, given my unit runs on a peristaltic pump that engages at a preset amount per min/hour (e.g., 3L per day) - How would I track and measure this to know how much to calculate at first?

Thank you for your thoughts and words of wisdom.
Look forward to your replies or DM (IG @aarondus)

Smart reefing,
Aaron
 
Though I’m not familiar with the Pac Sun CalcFeeder Pro, here is a lengthy discussion about it where Przemek, the owner of Pac Sun chimes in a lot to help users... LINK
 
You track your ellfuent per minute by measuring the output. Just set a stopwatch, capture it in a container and then measure it... you can use a 5 or 10 ml test kit syringe if you do not have anything else that measures MLs.

I have run a lot of CaRx, but will not be of any help since I have never used one with a co2 sensor. Good luck. Prez has always seemed helpful about their lights, so I hope that he will be so with the CaRx.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new